Pre-Booking Excusion and Non-Refundable OBC

I apologize if this has recently been asked and answered ...

We are going on the Star in October for seven day eastern Med cruise :)

The booking promos through NCL included the $50 per cabin excursion credit and $300 non-refundable OBC.

I understand that we can pre-book excursions using the $50 promo by calling an 800#.

Question: Can we call and use the non-refundable OBC, in addition to the excursion credit, toward the price of the excursion(s)?

Thanks!

I apologize if this has recently been asked and answered ...

We are going on the Star in October for seven day eastern Med cruise :)

The booking promos through NCL included the $50 per cabin excursion credit and $300 non-refundable OBC.

I understand that we can pre-book excursions using the $50 promo by calling an 800#.

Question: Can we call and use the non-refundable OBC, in addition to the excursion credit, toward the price of the excursion(s)?

Thanks!

If you call the 800 number, you reserve the excursion. The excursion will be added to your On board account on the first day of your cruise. You will get the $50 credit when you complete the excursion. You can use your nonreunfable credit to pay any onboard expenses.

Long winded,,, yes. But it all happens on the ship.

You just call to reserve the excursions you want to take. The $50 credit will come off and then, the OBC you have will cover some or all of the remainder. You don't need to pay anything until the end of the cruise. Also, any Lats. discount will be applied as well.

Enjoy your cruise.

SNAP!

I'm confused. If they call and book their excursions over the phone ....I know the $50.00 will be taken off the amount, but don't they have to pay the balance right then? If they wanted to us the OBC for the balance they would have to book while on board...correct?

I'm confused. If they call and book their excursions over the phone ....I know the $50.00 will be taken off the amount, but don't they have to pay the balance right then? If they wanted to us the OBC for the balance they would have to book while on board...correct?

No, you only RESERVE your excursions over the phone. If you have the discount, Free at sea or Distintive Voyages, or both, the rep will just reserve your excursion and you pay for it after the discounts are applied, at the end of the cruise. That's where the OBC comes in.

My pleasure. Just a side note and I'm not sure how often you've cruised, however, if you're relatively new to it, I'd start checking out private excursions which might be less expensive or at least, have smaller crowds. Lots to explore on the ports of call forums.

Here's the link: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Cheers

If you have the Shorex Perk:-

Phone and RESERVE and do NOT pay anything.

On board ALL shorex will be charged to your folio immediately at a cost that would include the Platinum or Platinum Plus discount.

When you have DONE the shorex the $50 will be applied to your folio that evening.

Any non-refundable OBC will be used FIRST to be used to decrease any costs to you.

At the end of the cruise you will pay what you owe.