Majesty Features vs Independence

LuCruise

We just returned from a cruise and we loved it so much that DH and I are looking at maybe booking another short cruise in Dec. The two that would work best for our dates are:

1. Majesty - 5 days with Cozumel and Costa Maya as stops
  2. Independence - 4 day with Cozumel as a stop

Majesty has an extra day and an extra stop and is $260 CAD cheaper, but from looking at the ship, it seems pretty basic? We just got off Mariner and loved it, but a lot of the features are things that our kids used but DH and I just watched (SkyPad, waterslides, etc). I'm a "show" person which Independence seems to have Grease, and it also looks like it has more public areas/bars and many more food options.

There is also a 5 day Independence but since we need grandparents to look after our kids, the above two work best (as they are over weekend vs school days). (Too bad too as the 5 day is same price as 4 day).

Am I missing something or does Majesty have very little? I'm just seeing 1 pool and very few food options. Is it a nice ship? Not sure the extra day is worth losing the features.

I would not want to do a sea day on majesty, unless you like just sitting in a lounger. I've gone on two weekends cruises on it, staying on board at Nassau. Frankly the only way I got on it the second time was too good a deal to pass up for a short escape.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If I recall correctly your current review mentions kids. If they are joining you in December they would enjoy IOS more. Or take Merion Mom's advice.

Correct, we just returned from Mariner with our kids. Thanks for reading. :D

But for Dec, just DH and I are looking at getting away so things like SkyPad aren't important (although Flowrider is fun to just watch). Shows, food, venues and general activities are though.

Ok..so we ended up booking refundable on Independence. Short cruise again but would be great if it ends up working. Thanks for the quick replies.

I would not want to do a sea day on majesty, unless you like just sitting in a lounger. I've gone on two weekends cruises on it, staying on board at Nassau. Frankly the only way I got on it the second time was too good a deal to pass up for a short escape.

Got a 5 day coming up, sitting in a lounger (drink in hand of course) sounds just about right. Maybe a trivia contest or a stroll around the deck if I feel energetic. Then another drink & a lounger on my balcony with my 1400 page book. Some people cruise to do stuff, some people don’t.

Correct, we just returned from Mariner with our kids. Thanks for reading. :D

But for Dec, just DH and I are looking at getting away so things like SkyPad aren't important (although Flowrider is fun to just watch). Shows, food, venues and general activities are though.

Ok..so we ended up booking refundable on Independence. Short cruise again but would be great if it ends up working. Thanks for the quick replies.

I'm the DH of LuCruise and I am super stoked about this. It's taken a few years but I think my wife has finally figured out how to get me addicted. I've been watching cruise Youtube videos for the past two days straight.

Got a 5 day coming up, sitting in a lounger (drink in hand of course) sounds just about right. Maybe a trivia contest or a stroll around the deck if I feel energetic. Then another drink & a lounger on my balcony with my 1400 page book. Some people cruise to do stuff, some people don’t.
Oh I know some do. That's why I didn't say it was a horrible horrible ship, even though I'm not fond. I enjoying reading and laying in a lounger too, just get more antsy not having any options.