Voom on Explorer of the Seas

I've seen many comments that Voom on EOS was not very good in Alaska. How is it with other itineraries? I'll be on the 4 night rt Seattle in Sept, visiting Nanaimo & Victoria. Has anyone, who sailed this itinerary, had better luck with Voom? Is the Voom signal a ship's problem or location problem?

Thank you!

The limitation is the fact that Explorer still uses high orbit geosync satellite service and has less overall bandwidth and much higher latency than the newer ships with O3b service.

Thanks for your quick response, Bob. That's disappointing. I did purchase the Voom package, but now I'm wondering if I should cancel it. :(

It will work fine for email and web browsing.

Have anyone try making internet calls with Voom on Explorer of the Seas?

On Brilliance of the Seas (VOOM is not O3b like Explorer) called using Facebook video messenger every night from British Isles while at sea and during sail away to West Coast Canada and it worked great...a couple of blips/delays here and there. I think call "got stuck" three times total in 12 days. Simply had to call back

and of course what Bob and Biker said above. Less bandwidth so if many on board using VOOM, it could make things slow(er) for you