A few (more!) Questions

Jenna2407

We can now book dining/entertainment for our cruise in feb.

A few questions

- it's saying I can book dining for the manhatten room, I thought you didn't have to make reservations for this? And if you do, there are 4 of us travelling together, but on 2 seprate bookings. How would we make it so we get seated together?

-how good is cirque? We watched a you tube video and if I'm honest it looked awful?

Thankyou:)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app

We can now book dining/entertainment for our cruise in feb. A few questions - it's saying I can book dining for the manhatten room, I thought you didn't have to make reservations for this? And if you do, there are 4 of us travelling together, but on 2 seprate bookings. How would we make it so we get seated together? -how good is cirque? We watched a you tube video and if I'm honest it looked awful? Thankyou:)

You can book the Manhattan Room and that will give you priority seating. It is normally not necessary,,,, the queue to enter is relatively short. The reservations do not assign tables. When you arrive, just ask for a 4-top. Or have one party make a reservation for 4.

Cirque Dreams is a "standard" cirque show done both on the ship and in theaters worldwide. It's standard Cirque acrobatics with an underlying circus theme. It's o.k. But if you are not a Cirque fan, then don't spend the money.

Enjoy the Epic/Breakaway, They are great ships!

Edited by BirdTravels

How's the italian restaurant?

Also, how good is the steak restaurant? Was thinking of booking it for valentines day. How exoensive is it? Xx

The steak restaurant (Cagney's) is quite good, but the steak in the French restaurant (Le Bistro) is in my opinion even better. And the ambience in Le Bistro is more romantic than Cagney's.... The Italian restaurant used to be OK, but in my opinion it is now less than OK... Regarding prices for the specialty restaurants - you can either pre-purchase a "dining package" (I believe the minimum is for 3 days, and that cost $69 p.p. plus 18% auto-gratuity). Or you can go for paying a-la-carte prices - but that will guaranteed cost a lot more than the dining package....

Edited by TrumpyNor

I didn't bother answering about Cagneys and La Cucina as it is so much personal opinion. You really have to try it yourself.

The previous reply demonstrates the point. In my experience, the Italian has consistently been rated as the worst NCL restaurant, both on here and from comments by friends. We stopped going there as my wife hadn't enjoyed any meal she had there in her first couple of visits.

We tried it again last year, after the menus change and for our last couple of cruises it has been just about the best meal we had all cruise. My opinion is pretty well the exact opposite of TrumpyNor.

Neither of us are right or wrong. You really need to look at the menus and decide what you think looks the best to you. Following other people's opinions on here will only confuse.

I didn't bother answering about Cagneys and La Cucina as it is so much personal opinion. You really have to try it yourself.

The previous reply demonstrates the point. In my experience, the Italian has consistently been rated as the worst NCL restaurant, both on here and from comments by friends. We stopped going there as my wife hadn't enjoyed any meal she had there in her first couple of visits.

We tried it again last year, after the menus change and for our last couple of cruises it has been just about the best meal we had all cruise. My opinion is pretty well the exact opposite of TrumpyNor.

Neither of us are right or wrong. You really need to look at the menus and decide what you think looks the best to you. Following other people's opinions on here will only confuse.

I 100% agree with you, it is a very subjective matter! :)

I think cirque was worth the cost, and we don't have kids. Consider buying a 3 meal package- you can visit Cagneys (the steak restaurant), pay an upcharge to see Cirque for one of your meals, and also visit another one- people like both the Teppanyaki and Le Bistro. If you do go to cirque the premium tickets are worth paying the extra for as the standard ones have a restricted view.