"warning" for people booking march 31, 2019 sky to cuba

victory2020

Hello, I booked this because second day, April 4 in Havana ship was there till 5pm. Looking at all ship's schedules it appears RCCL Empress of the Seas is there that day also. This happened on our recent Sky cruise & second day our time was cut short because RCCL ship was coming into port & bumped NCL. I believe someone in a post said RCCL has priority in Havana. Want everyone to know that Sky may have to lave at 7am instead of 5pm.

I'm looking at other options now.

She was there a few weeks ago when we arrived in Cuba. She left before we did on the Sky and saw another ship on their way in as we left. It was not a big deal having them there, It was not crowded with them there. We disembarked before they did in the morning and there was no one in the terminal as I exchanged my money. I saw their people coming out of the terminal later in the morning.

I agree with the original poster that NCL will probably cancel your second day in Havana and leave at 6AM instead of staying until 5PM. It happened to us a couple of months ago when we were supposed to stay until 5PM.

Royal Caribbean will be in the dock from 8AM to 8PM on April 4 so the Sky will have to leave 2 hours before the Empress docks and then you will just wind up having a sea day.

Norwegian changed most of their itineraries to show that the Sky will leave early on their second day in Havana and I bet they just forgot to change the schedule this day.

We are still showing that the Sky will leave Cuba at 3pm on 20th March in our Itinerary.

I checked RCCL schedule & see they have no ships in that day. Really wanted to do 5 day but would rather spend more time in Havana. May switch to your date. I'm afraid of Spring Break - not sure if this date coincides?

I agree with the original poster that NCL will probably cancel your second day in Havana and leave at 6AM instead of staying until 5PM. It happened to us a couple of months ago when we were supposed to stay until 5PM.

Royal Caribbean will be in the dock from 8AM to 8PM on April 4 so the Sky will have to leave 2 hours before the Empress docks and then you will just wind up having a sea day.

Norwegian changed most of their itineraries to show that the Sky will leave early on their second day in Havana and I bet they just forgot to change the schedule this day.

Thanks for tip, was looking at this cruise but I want the 2 days and 1 night in Havana, don't need more sea time