last minute advice

byanks7

Not, so far as I remember, on my Golden Princess cruise 11/11/2016. I did check the Patter daily, as advised by other posters, and I certainly don't remember it. Did go to the Wheelhouse Bar, found it rather dark for me-Legally Blind-and went along to another bar to get myself a drink. I was hoping to have a Pub Lunch, a friend's English, and told me about the Pub Lunch! Oh well, there's always next cruise or the 1 after! Such a lot of things to do aboard, you're spoilt for choice IMHO!

Enjoy your cruise!

Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I think the Pub Lunch is only on sea days.

Tony

People Wise - Remember you are on vacation and not everyone gets to be first in line. We had small children and it was a great environment to teach patience. You have cruised before so you likely have seen it first hand - there are all types of folks, from pushy gotta be first-in-line on the tender and first off. or the guy who darts in and out of traffic only to be one car ahead at the next light. All the way to the folks who are truly on vacation. Chilled out, enjoying every moment.

Hope you have a great trip on Princess.

Well said my friend!:D

My wife and I are in the same boat as the OP. We set sail in 12 days aboard our first Princess cruise on the Ruby. We also feel like even though this is our first Princess cruise all the info we have received here on the Princess boards we are experts with Princess, so thanks to all. By the way the magnet hooks great idea.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I think the Pub Lunch is only on sea days.

Tony

Pub lunches are only on sea days and not every sea day. They tend to be very crowded and have run out of a certain item before they close. Best part of course is that they are free of any additional charge. On the CB the pub lunch will be in the wheelhouse bar.

Don't forget the happy hour usually from 3 PM to 4 PM (in September on the CB it was in the lounge) and the 10 PM to 11 PM in Skywalker's on the CB. It is buy one and get one for $1 (BOGO$1) and covers anything the bar sells. Look on the patter for the time and location. Pax can buy as many as they want.

Above all, the absolutely most important things to remember are:

(1) You are on a cruise. RELAX. Enjoy your vacation away from stress and worry.

(2) Remember that it's good to say "please" and "thank you" to your steward and the other crew members. It's surprising (and I think it's sad) how often they are surprised by those simple words. They are the people who make your cruise special and pleasant. Treating them with courtesy and respect is really the least one should do in return.

Hope you have a fantastic cruise. :D

Thrak, you are dead-on correct on those 2 points, especially the second!

Tom

Every adult in the cabin (21+) is allowed one 750 ml bottle of wine. So most cabins have 2 adults and therefore 2 bottles of wine. Additional bottles are allowed for a $15 corkage fee. There will be a liquor/wine table just past the scanners that will collect the fee and mark the bottles that had the corkage fee paid which will allow you to take them into the MDR etc.

Maybe you can help me with this question.

Suppose we don't bring any wine on board at embarkation but pick up a bottle at a port of call to drink in our cabin. Would there be a fee for that or would it count towards our allowed 2 bottles/cabin/cruise?

<< Suppose we don't bring any wine on board at embarkation but pick up a bottle at a port of call to drink in our cabin. Would there be a fee for that or would it count towards our allowed 2 bottles/cabin/cruise?>>

On our Mediterranean cruise, we brought in a bottle or two from every port we visited, and no one objected. Of course, with the Greek retsina it would have been better if they had been confiscated! (No offense to retsina lovers, if any.)

<< Suppose we don't bring any wine on board at embarkation but pick up a bottle at a port of call to drink in our cabin. Would there be a fee for that or would it count towards our allowed 2 bottles/cabin/cruise?>>

On our Mediterranean cruise, we brought in a bottle or two from every port we visited, and no one objected. Of course, with the Greek retsina it would have been better if they had been confiscated! (No offense to retsina lovers, if any.)

Thanks.

And I must remember to try the retsina if it is available at the winery we are going to. :D