Questions for RCCL Experts

whitecap

We have only sailed RCCL 1 time, Oasis, couple of years ago, and I've searched the boards for the most current information; that said, can any of the RCCL Experts who have traveled recently on the Harmony out of Ft. Lauderdale, answer the following:

Are you allowed to bring on water/soda the day of embarkation and if yes, can it be checked or does it have to be carried on?

Are you allowed to bring on water/soda at port stops?

If you are doing a "back to back" and are allowed 2 bottles of wine for each cruise (2 people, 1 each), can you bring on 4 at embarkation and if yes, do they still take 2 of the bottles and hold until the start of the 2d cruise?

Thanks in advance for all the assistance! :D

Royal's rules prohibit bringing on any beverages other than the two 750ml bottles of wine. However, they rarely enforce that rule in the case of water and soda. You are more likely to see enforcement around spring break.

You are allowed to bring on four bottles of wine if you are on a back-to-back cruise.

My b2b was great. When we re-boarded for cruise #2 they had a special luncheon for us in Chops. You couldn't order off the regular menu but the set lunch was terrific. Only time I ever experienced a boarding day table service lunch on RCI. I wonder if they still do this.

I was able to buy duty free alcohol on the first cruise which was held until the last night. When I collected it I just kept it in my cabin for the 2nd cruise.

Unless you want to hump it around, you are better off putting that in checked luggage.

If it would get through inside "checked luggage", would it be possible to place a luggage tag on water/soda and hand it to the porter?

My b2b was great. When we re-boarded for cruise #2 they had a special luncheon for us in Chops. You couldn't order off the regular menu but the set lunch was terrific. Only time I ever experienced a boarding day table service lunch on RCI. I wonder if they still do this.

I was able to buy duty free alcohol on the first cruise which was held until the last night. When I collected it I just kept it in my cabin for the 2nd cruise.

That can vary by ship, sometimes they hold it until the morning of departure. Also some ships will hold until your final night. I have had some success buying it the last night, they often just give it to you. All of our B2B's have a sit down lunch on turnover day for the consecutive cruisers. the possible exception might be the first day back in US waters. Immigration for the crew and health inspections might cause issues with serving lunch

If it would get through inside "checked luggage", would it be possible to place a luggage tag on water/soda and hand it to the porter?

You can try, but be prepared to have it refused. We've had obvious cases of water refused at Port Canaveral.

Friends have taken water on board.....they had it packed in their carry ons. They had to take each bottle out and 'shake' it to show that it was water, not soda or alcohol.

We always take on 4 bottles 2 in 'his' carry on and 2 in 'my' carry on.....we've do a LOT of b2b(2b) cruises because of the cost of air fare from MSP.

Thank you all! I am not the original poster but I drink a "natural" type of soda sweetened with Stevia. It would make my vacation so much less enjoyable to be without my favorite soda on the trip. I am glad to hear I might be able to bring some with me!

What about bringing a bottle or two of coke/sprite etc. back from the ports? Are they strict about that?

It varies with the ship. We have had wonderful BtoB lunches and cruises where you felt you were just a nuisance and nothing special was offered, just here is what you need to do for immigration.