Less Formal (Gala) Nights???

jaspersmycat

I definitely agree that they ought to make up their bloody minds, and enforce whatever they decide! Out of curiosity, what IS your style? Do you have any pics? I know I totally plan on getting as many photos as I can on my cruise! :D And definitely in all my nice clothes ;)

We were on a cruise with Cruz Chic last year. I can vouch for the fact that she dresses very nice on formal nights.

I felt like I wasn't dressed formally so I didn't want to be out and about. I know wearing panti hose is old school but I feel I need them. I see woman around all the time with no panti hose and their legs covered in scratches, mosquito bites and bruises with a nice dress. I don't feel it's a good look. I know someone will come around with a comment about this. I'm speaking for my personal feelings not anyone else.

I'm with ya! I personally find my legs look horrendous without the cosmetic makeover I get with panty hose. And yeah, it is makeup for the legs. Just like most of us look better with makeup on the face, most of us also look better with makeup on the legs. (And tanning lotions, etc. don't cut it for me -- sorry). I would also add the hubby much prefers hosiery -- if he had his preference it would be garter belts vs. panty hose -- but well you get the idea. And I've found over the years most men (of all ages) do indeed prefer hosiery on us ladies. So if it keeps him happy I'll go with it.

Now for those who don't like panty hose and still prefer lotions as their leg make up - go for it. Whatever makes you comfortable.

For those of us who do prefer the polished look of panty hose and don't want to be made to feel like little old ladies (even though we might be) - good news!

Panty hose are making a fashion comeback! - http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/fashion-comeback-pantyhose-back-runway-31332060 Thank you Kate Middleton!!!!

Edited by seamist

Are you suggesting that she doesn't dress nicely on the other nights? :)

I knew I was going to get that question, so I had the answer all ready to go. "She dresses nicely all time. On formal nights, she dresses VERY nice." :)

With the provided dressing gown I assume? Or is that just for breakfast? :)

No, I'm not that fancy ;).

Truth of the matter is that I always get dressed and have make up on 98% of the time. It's too scary for the other pax if I don't :D.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, you should be doing whatever makes you feel at ease. If that means hose, then so be it. Then again, there's also the thought of wearing some of those nice, wide, slinky pants with a really fancy top. It might be a nice compromise where you feel formal enough...

I bought a pair of black wide, dressy pants with a matching jacket and that's what I wear on formal nights. I also think my legs look better with hosiery, but I hate wearing nylons so the pant outfit is now my "formal" look. If there are two formal nights, I wear a different dressy top, but I am now comfy for the evening. I don't mind formal nights, but I also think people need to do what is comfortable. After all, we're on vacation.