Extension cord, Cpap questions

bobbismith

Has anyone had an recent experiences with bringing their cpap aboard? How long of an extension cord do I need? TIA

I would say at least 15 feet. I am sure they will be bring you one as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've gone on dozens of cruises with my DH's CPap with no problems. He brings his own long extension cord but your room attendant will bring you one if needed.

In most cabins, the outlet is not near the bed and the cord has to be strategically placed so neither one of you trips over it in the middle of the night on the way to the bathroom. The room attendant can help with that also.

12-15 will work, we were lucky enough to have the cord run next to the wall. We bring our own. One time we didn't, they gave us one of those orange heavy duty cords that was constantly in the way. So one stays permanently packed in the cpap case

I bring a 15 foot. I find that when the bed is on the opposite wall from the desk where the plug is, of you use the stool in front of the desk to trap the cord and push it under the desk it keeps it out of three way.

Sorry, long explanation. Lol!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

I bring a 15 foot. I find that when the bed is on the opposite wall from the desk where the plug is, of you use the stool in front of the desk to trap the cord and push it under the desk it keeps it out of three way.

Sorry, long explanation. Lol!

And obviously typos. Sorry about that too![emoji1]

I sailed on the Dream this month in a balcony room. The one and only outlet was across the room over the desk near the closet, which was the opposite side of the room from the bed.

I had an 8 foot cord, and my cpap cord is 4 or 5 feet. It was barely enough, and I had to sleep on the closest side of the bed, which is opposite of how wife and I usually sleep. The extension cord was too short to get to the ground... it was draped over the coffee table. We had to be super careful not to wander the room at night with that tripping hazard.

I would suggest two 8 footers that are daisy chained. Not only will that give you 16 feet, but you will have a couple extra outlets on the cords for other things (cell phone chargers).

I sailed on the Dream this month in a balcony room. The one and only outlet was across the room over the desk near the closet, which was the opposite side of the room from the bed.

I had an 8 foot cord, and my cpap cord is 4 or 5 feet. It was barely enough, and I had to sleep on the closest side of the bed, which is opposite of how wife and I usually sleep. The extension cord was too short to get to the ground... it was draped over the coffee table. We had to be super careful not to wander the room at night with that tripping hazard.

I would suggest two 8 footers that are daisy chained. Not only will that give you 16 feet, but you will have a couple extra outlets on the cords for other things (cell phone chargers).

Do you have a suggestion of which one to purchase? Thanks