Booking Future Cruise While ON Board Query

janny444

Hi...we will be on board Azura when the " new season" cruises are released. I have always understood that if you book on board....and receive the given perks...that you can then transfer the booking to your TA and receive their perks/discount too.Have I misunderstood because the two main High St Travel shops have both said that it can be transferred but do not give any extra or is it local/online agencies who offer extra discount?

If no extra is given why would you give up direct control of your booking or am I missing something? :confused::confused:

We have in the past booked onboard giving us extra OBC then transferred to our TA and then get a slightly discounted price on P&Os fare. The TA we use is not a High St so dont know if that makes a difference. They used to have rules that you could only transfer to TA that you were on the cruise with when you booked and not any other but dont know if that has changed.

Hi...it's trying to work out which way is better...penny-wise....when we returned home from our last cruise in September about a couple or so weeks later we were offered a " welcome home" bonus in the form of £50pp OBC so not sure if that was a one off or something that P&O do on a regular basis in which case that may cancel out the advantage whilst booking on-board and better to wait till we come home and be sure of the TA discount

Hi...it's trying to work out which way is better...penny-wise....when we returned home from our last cruise in September about a couple or so weeks later we were offered a " welcome home" bonus in the form of £50pp OBC so not sure if that was a one off or something that P&O do on a regular basis in which case that may cancel out the advantage whilst booking on-board and better to wait till we come home and be sure of the TA discount

We always get the "welcome home" OBC around 3weeks after we get home.

Hi...we will be on board Azura when the " new season" cruises are released. I have always understood that if you book on board....and receive the given perks...that you can then transfer the booking to your TA and receive their perks/discount too.Have I misunderstood because the two main High St Travel shops have both said that it can be transferred but do not give any extra or is it local/online agencies who offer extra discount?

If no extra is given why would you give up direct control of your booking or am I missing something? :confused::confused:

When we have booked on board it has counted as the deposit so you pay a really low deposit for your cruise. You get OBC and the booking is transferred back to your agent. Our agent gave us an even better deal when we got home improving on the on board promotion so it was win win for us.

When we have booked on board it has counted as the deposit so you pay a really low deposit for your cruise. You get OBC and the booking is transferred back to your agent. Our agent gave us an even better deal when we got home improving on the on board promotion so it was win win for us.

That's the thing I am querying...two high street TAs both said that they couldn't give any extra ..so did you deal with an high street agent or an online agent....I know you can't actually name the company.

I questioned my travel agent today about it as they are offering 'Triple cash back/discount' Once booked onboard we can transfer the booking to them when we get home and they will give us additional discount. This is both a "high st' agent as you term it but also online. ;)

I questioned my travel agent today about it as they are offering 'Triple cash back/discount' Once booked onboard we can transfer the booking to them when we get home and they will give us additional discount. This is both a "high st' agent as you term it but also online. ;)

Mmmmm...not sure of any other high st agents that are online besides the big two...will get my thinking cap on

Always thought that if you booked onboard that you could only transfer it to the TA that you are booked on the cruise you are when booking and not any others has this changed?

This has changed. I emailed my friend to book for us both whilst she was on Aurora to take advantage of the extra OBC P&O were offering until 5 March. Meanwhile I got some quotes and she was able to transfer it to a TA we hadn't used before who offered a stonking "welcome" bonus.