To Pixels package or not to Pixels package?

GeorgiaMomof4

Good morning!

I'm trying to determine if a package would be good for us for our May 5th Fantasy cruise.

I know we won't need one of the bigger packages, but maybe the small one. The only

drawback is that I don't need a 16 x 20 canvas as it's a college graduation cruise for my oldest

daughter and it's just her, my next to oldest daughter, my best friend and myself.

So - how much are 8 x 10's and embarkation photos regularly? Trying to decide if a

package will still be beneficial to us and even though we cruised in February I can't remember

what the picture prices were.

Thanks in advance!

I think it's different for everyone. I could never see myself buying the whole package. Especially the prints. Where would you put them all? If there is one really good one, I may buy it. Other than that, our phones take such good pictures. We take so many and never feel like there aren't enough.

Some people swear by the packages. Especially if it is some kind of special event for you or your family. Some people are swooned by when they actually see the photos. I think having the digital files might be the most practical in this day as you could upload them.

We got the package for our cruise recently, and was lucky enough to not have restrictions. We ended up with 65 prints and all of the digital. For years where we do big vacations, I use vacation photos as our Christmas card, so it's in lieu of doing an annual photo shoot. I saw folks coming home with 400+ prints and digital. The 65 we have on board plus the photos we took on our phones combined with family and friends we vacationed with is plenty of photos enough for us. The package was totally worthwhile because we had spent $110 or so the previous year and only got 4-5 photos. 65 prints plus digital for $250 in comparison is a slam dunk.

But it's a personal choice. Everyone does what's best or makes sense for their own vacation. I will caution you to have the Pixels team plug the USB drive into a handheld (iPhone) to ensure that the photos have been digitally loaded before you sign for your package. There was one lady on board our ship that had them check and nothing was loaded. The Pixels team corrected this issue for her by the debarkation morning.

Good morning!

I'm trying to determine if a package would be good for us for our May 5th Fantasy cruise.

I know we won't need one of the bigger packages, but maybe the small one. The only

drawback is that I don't need a 16 x 20 canvas as it's a college graduation cruise for my oldest

daughter and it's just her, my next to oldest daughter, my best friend and myself.

So - how much are 8 x 10's and embarkation photos regularly? Trying to decide if a

package will still be beneficial to us and even though we cruised in February I can't remember

what the picture prices were.

Thanks in advance!

If you get the package with the canvas have the graduate take a picture by their self and use it as a "graduation picture" and try to sneak in a cap and gown lol

Agree. They can serve double duty as family pictures you can utilize in a number of ways. So you have to consider if you might be hiring a pro photographer back home to take pictures of other events like graduation photos. Need not a cap and gown for that. On one of our last two cruises we got a free picture package (NCL) that consisted of 50 prints and then the digital pics on a little ship shaped USB. We used them for Christmas card photos and have several framed around the house. The other 40 some pictures we have in a binder and look at occasionally. So you could argue going with just buying a few too. But sounds like the basic package might be the way to go.

Has anyone ever used the ship's photo studio before? Interested in what that costs that's rarely if ever advertised on any line. My wife signed us up for the one on NCL on our last cruise and I had no idea on what she was getting us into. I have to say, it was one of the most fun experiences we had on the ship. Session lasted about an hour with all sorts of poses and the "portrait artists" were a blast. Funny, funny guys. When we came back for the "showing" the next night, and had us sit on a white leather couch to view the slideshow set to music and handed us glasses of champagne, I whispered to my wife "this isn't going to be cheap, is it?" Lol, I guess. It ended up being $1,500 if I remember correctly for a six canvas combination that covers about 3 foot by 7 foot of wall plus all the digital photos (100+). The photos and canvas' are really, really good. Like I don't hate pictures of myself good. We might do it again when the kids are ready to graduate high school.

When I raided some objection to the cost at first, my wife reminded me we never get our pictures taken - and - how much do you spend on hunting, beer, etc. Whoa. That makes me sound like a redneck. haha.