"Cheap Cunard"

Magna

"Cheap Cunard"

Received Email from Cunard Yesterday !!

Printed off our E Tickets, Itinerary and Paper luggage labels.

So it's goodbye to proper tickets

and leather wallets ?

The Paper Luggage Labels will have to be Laminated to stand up to the Cruise Connect

Bus Trip to the Pier Etc !!

Magna

I was under the impression, from the latest Cunarder, that you still got proper luggage tags in the back of the excursions booklet. You should only have to print off your own if you want more, or have I read it wrong?

I received two tags from Cunard this week in my package. They are the same as they have been for years.

I was under the impression that you had to print them yourself if you required more than two.

we have just received our documents through the post for our 14th May cruise this included luggage labels, itinery and shore excursion booklet .It says e tickets will be available to print 35 days prior to sailing and further luggage labels can also be printed.

Maybe it's cheap. Maybe it's not. All cruise lines are making small changes like that to save, to keep your fares as low as possible etc. Only once have I actually had to use the ones I printed out on line. A packet always came before the cruise with proper tags in them, by separate post.

Just hang loose and they will hopefully arrive. If you didn't have the Cruise Connect to the pier, I'd suggest this:

Another way to avoid having to print them is to wait until you get to the pier and let a porter attach his own, after you tell him your stateroom number.

I tell you this because of a bad experience I had in Vancouver. This was the ONE time I didn't have proper tags from Celebrity, & had used the hand printed ones. Both airline and ship tags were attached to my luggage.

I went to retrieve my bags from the carousel and one was missing. Turned out a porter had seen the cruise tag and had taken the bag to the pier, even though my ship was not leaving until the next day! I was advised not to put any cruise tags on bags when the bags were being handled by the airline porters unless the bags were to go straight to the pier! Sounds like in your case that is what you need, however!

I am not a big fan of these sorts of changes but if it helps trim costs so our fares stay manageable then fine...none of us will suffer great hardships from this change.

I took my first Princess cruise last month where E-tickets and paper luggage tags are the norm. I wasn't pleased but it was what it was. I had a lot of trepidation about the paper luggage tags making it to my cabin. They did and without laminating, cello tape or anything of the sort. Triple folded as described and stapled they held up without a wrinkle. Just an annoying change and at least Cunard are still sending 2 of the old tags so the paper is just for extra luggage.

I'll just use one of my old wallets for the paper ticket...not a big deal. I guess they have to go just a bit further to "cheapen the brand" as far as I'm concerned.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

July 30, 2009....transatlantic again...some “Affairs” just get better

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

Feb. 7, 2010....the “Affair” takes a sunny detour when Penny meets a Princess

2010....the “Affair” is indecisive, but back to QM2 for 14 days somewhere

"Cheap Cunard"

Received Email from Cunard Yesterday !!

Printed off our E Tickets, Itinerary and Paper luggage labels.

So it's goodbye to proper tickets

and leather wallets ?

The Paper Luggage Labels will have to be Laminated to stand up to the Cruise Connect

Bus Trip to the Pier Etc !!

Magna

Please see earlier threads on this topic

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1147437

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1156582

I received two tags from Cunard this week in my package. They are the same as they have been for years.

I was under the impression that you had to print them yourself if you required more than two.

Have not received any Pre Cruise Documents for the 22nd Apr Sailing

only the email yesterday !!

Magna

I am not a big fan of these sorts of changes but if it helps trim costs so our fares stay manageable then fine...none of us will suffer great hardships from this change.

I'll just use one of my old wallets for the paper ticket...not a big deal. I guess they have to go just a bit further to "cheapen the brand" as far as I'm concerned.

Cheers, Penny

You are right - up to a point. If the "cheapening" is left to shoreside then fine. I can't say I'll lose a great deal of sleep over the wallets, and will simply reuse a QE2 one.

But it is where this is going that matters. I'd rather, for example, pay a little more and have decent food. But the processing to get on board matters not a great deal.

But I really don't think this will save much. And the number of passengers who are not internet enabled will be quite high....

But it is where this is going that matters. I'd rather, for example, pay a little more and have decent food. But the processing to get on board matters not a great deal.

I couldn't agree more....if food quality suffers as a result that will be dreadful.

That was the biggest disappointment on our recent Princess cruise...I had no fantastic expectations as it was just a fast run away to the sun. However 4 of us agreed that had the dinong room food been served at a local restaurant, we'd not patronize it. It was not what I'd expected Princess to offer. The presentation was fine...the quality of food wasn't.

That sort of thing would be unacceptable on Cunard.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

July 30, 2009....transatlantic again...some “Affairs” just get better

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

Feb. 7, 2010....the “Affair” takes a sunny detour when Penny meets a Princess

2010....the “Affair” is indecisive, but back to QM2 for 14 days somewhere

Archived