Typical transfer time from Venice airport to Hilton Stuckey Molino hotel?

zitsky

Is there a ferry or water taxi to do the transfer? Are they typically waiting to fill up the entire boat, or do they leave on a specific schedule?

The Vaporetto runs on a regular (sort of) schedule and is a water bus. Schlepping luggage is, in our opinion, a pain on the Vaporetto. The water taxis are of course more expensive but are for you and your luggage, are fast, and will make you feel like you are in the movies. Venice is the most expensive city in Europe at present so make the most of it and have a grand entrance. You can see rates and book online if you wish. :cool:

We booked a two day post cruise extension with Viking so they sorted out the transfers and the luggage to the Hilton. It is a popular hotel and I believe the day we got there 160 people were checking in. As rooms are not ready until the afternoon they have a locked room for your hand luggage and they provided a shuttle over to the St Marks stop (the hotel also has a free shuttle). We had booked a private guide so we went off and did that getting back about 6.30 where we checked in without a mile long queue and our cases were in the room. They also arranged the water taxis to the airport.

As for the Hilton, the rooms are nice (we had an executive room) but had a very poor meal in their restaurant the first night. The second night we ate at Harry’s Dolce which is a short walk away and paid €195 for two mains one desert and a bottle of wine, yes Venice is expensive.

We booked a two day post cruise extension with Viking so they sorted out the transfers and the luggage to the Hilton. It is a popular hotel and I believe the day we got there 160 people were checking in. As rooms are not ready until the afternoon they have a locked room for your hand luggage and they provided a shuttle over to the St Marks stop (the hotel also has a free shuttle). We had booked a private guide so we went off and did that getting back about 6.30 where we checked in without a mile long queue and our cases were in the room. They also arranged the water taxis to the airport.

As for the Hilton, the rooms are nice (we had an executive room) but had a very poor meal in their restaurant the first night. The second night we ate at Harry’s Dolce which is a short walk away and paid €195 for two mains one desert and a bottle of wine, yes Venice is expensive.

You can also contact the hotel directly for your own private transfer where they will meet you at the arrival hall, shuttle you over to a private water taxi, and take you directly to the hotel. They meet you at the dock and take your luggage. It cost us about 100 euro two years ago and well worth the money after a long flight. The ride is about 30 minutes.

Arriving Aug. 10 on an overnight flight from Toronto as part of a pre cruise Hilton add on. Our transfers are included from the airport to the Hilton-do you think we will have the luxury of a private water taxi? Not sure how well we will do if we cannot get into our room till the afternoon. I am a Hilton Honours member so may email them and beg for a room when we check arrive. Looking forward to the Venice add on and the Aug. 12 cruise.

You can also contact the hotel directly for your own private transfer where they will meet you at the arrival hall, shuttle you over to a private water taxi, and take you directly to the hotel. They meet you at the dock and take your luggage. It cost us about 100 euro two years ago and well worth the money after a long flight. The ride is about 30 minutes.

Thanks! That's good advice. Did you book your room through the hotel instead of with Viking?

I am sailing on the Empires of the Mediterranean next April, which ends in Venice. This will be our second visit to Venice, our first being in 2013, with Uniworld. On that trip, we did take a private water taxi from the airport to our hotel, near St. Mark's Square, and it was an incredible experience. We paid a little over 100 euros, but very much worth it. Two days later, we took the vaporetto to the cruise port, and schlepping two suitcases was not fun.

In April, we will be disembarking in Venice, and it looks like there's an option to reserve a shared water taxi for $38/person to get us from the cruise port to St Mark's, so that we can stay in the same hotel that we stayed at in 2013. The other option is to stay in one of the hotels near the cruise terminal/train station, so there's easy transportation to get us back to the airport via land taxi.

I looked at the Hilton Stuckey Molina, but it's on the island of Giudecca, and not Venice proper. On our Uniworld cruise, we ventured to Giudecca, and it just didn't have that same feel. I realize the Hilton offers shuttle boats back and forth to St. Mark's Square, but I would rather stay in Venice proper.

Robin

I would second that opinion. There are so many beautiful and very Venetian hotels in more convenient locations for wandering.

The shared water taxi sounds good - which hotel did you stay in ?

We stayed here. There was only one small bridge between the hotel and St. Mark's Square, so not too difficult to manage luggage:-) The family who owns the hotel is so kind and friendly. They took really good care of us!

http://www.locandaorseolo.com

Robin

Snap, we have stayed there too and would highly recommend it. WE have also stayed in three or four other places. Personally I would not want to be in a Hilton. There would be so much more Venetian Ambience in the many other options available.

Arriving Aug. 10 on an overnight flight from Toronto as part of a pre cruise Hilton add on. Our transfers are included from the airport to the Hilton-do you think we will have the luxury of a private water taxi? Not sure how well we will do if we cannot get into our room till the afternoon. I am a Hilton Honours member so may email them and beg for a room when we check arrive. Looking forward to the Venice add on and the Aug. 12 cruise.

Hi, my husband is a Hilton honours member too but as Viking had arranged the hotel his card carried no weight. So it all depends on how your stay is booked as to how much you can expect from them.

Personally I would not want to be in a Hilton. There would be so much more Venetian Ambience in the many other options available.

This isn't "a" Hilton. The building was the Stuckey flour mill [Molino] that has been repurposed as a hotel. Nothing cookie-cutter about it. On one of our stays there we arrived very late, just as the restaurant was closing – they happily accommodated us and provided a wonderful meal. No other restaurant in Venice came close.

I would rather stay in a Palazzo - even a very small one than a huge flour mill.

I remember watching when they were renovating it many years ago. I am sure all the creature comforts are readily available. I think it is more about the location - The Locanda Orseolo overlooks two small canals. Watching boats deliver supplies with gondolas trying to get around them from our lovely room was priceless. The Guidecca is very different, but you can of course see much larger ships including cruise ships. I also like to wander early morning or late evening when my husband stays in the hotel, so a central location is important to me.

I understand that the Hilton still offers a unique experience for many. Each to their own but sometimes being a little more adventurous can be stimulating.

The Hilton is a great hotel, especially the executive lounge. It is somewhat remote. Do not know where you depart from, but our Silversea cruise left across the canal from the hotel. There is a complimentary water shuttle that left us about 2 blocks away. If not the water taxi was over$100.