Passport Stamps

phoneman69

OK Flyer you have a point. It don't for see ever needing that many pages for travel in my life time. Not going China or India. Don't want random pages just used either so A771CUS point is very valid. The point of having a passport to me is Having a couple of travel stamps in it. Flyer if you know were in St. Maarten that would be help full. Thanks again all.

Love cruising don't want to wish the summer away but come on Sept. Matt

You do understand that the passport is not yours right? It belongs to the US Govt and is an official govt document and not some play thing.

I would not fill the passport with unnecessary stamps. You never know when you may need those pages, and as others have said, you can't add pages anymore. Have to shell out $$$ for another passport.

The point of having a passport to me is Having a couple of travel stamps in it.

No.

The point of having a passport is to have an official government document that facilitates international travel by a citizen of a particular country. It also serves as an official government identification.

Why not have them stamp your driver's license? Or social security card? Or birth certificate? It's a government document. Ah, you say, that might invalidate it. BINGO. While there may be some sentimental value to a "stamp" from some locale, don't get extraneous ones put onto a government document, which is what a passport is.

If you have to have a passport sized book for "stamps", try this one: LINK HERE

• 1 year later...
Hi Matt,

Just got off the Disney Magic yesterday in San Juan.

Barbados; as soon as you enter the cruise terminal, there will be a door on your right hand side that says "Immigration, please knock". They will provide you with a stamp free of charge.

St. Lucia; ask a Port Officer (police officer) for directions to a passport stamping office. There are many officers in the cruise terminal. I was told it was about a 15 minute walk from the terminal. Unfortunately, I didn't ask about this until after my excursion and was told I wouldn't have enough time to walk there and back since my ship was getting ready to leave.

St. Kitts; as soon as you exit the ship dock, you'll see an information booth. Directly to the right, was an open door. I was told to go in there and knock at the next door. Sure enough, I found an angry immigration officer that wouldn't speak to me but stamped my passport free of charge.

I recommend that you indicate exactly where you would like your stamp on the page. I figured this one out after my second stamp. Many of these immigration officers will pick a random page and stamp it in very odd places, like the center of the page. Making that entire page semi-useless for air travel.

I hope this helps! I've also had success getting stamps in these ports of call:

Disney's Castaway Cay (Bahamas)

Antigua

Martinique

Grand Cayman

Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada

Liverpool, England

Cozumel, Mexico

All free of charge.

Thanks for the information. We were asked for a "donation" to get the stamp in St. Kitts last fall. Even so $5 for 2 passport stamping was the cheapest souvenir's I got that day. They were not the most pleasant workers either. In Antigua we had much friendlier workers and no request for $$$. Forgot about it in Grand Turk - so will try our next trip.

Years ago we got stamps in Nassau right at the pier.

Hi Matt,

Barbados; as soon as you enter the cruise terminal, there will be a door on your right hand side that says "Immigration, please knock". They will provide you with a stamp free of charge.

St. Lucia; ask a Port Officer (police officer) for directions to a passport stamping office. There are many officers in the cruise terminal. I was told it was about a 15 minute walk from the terminal. Unfortunately, I didn't ask about this until after my excursion and was told I wouldn't have enough time to walk there and back since my ship was getting ready to leave.

St. Kitts; as soon as you exit the ship dock, you'll see an information booth. Directly to the right, was an open door. I was told to go in there and knock at the next door. Sure enough, I found an angry immigration officer that wouldn't speak to me but stamped my passport free of charge.

I recommend that you indicate exactly where you would like your stamp on the page. I figured this one out after my second stamp. Many of these immigration officers will pick a random page and stamp it in very odd places, like the center of the page. Making that entire page semi-useless for air travel.

Antigua

Martinique

Grand Cayman

Liverpool, England

Cozumel, Mexico

All free of charge.

Wish I had known about this before our Cruise. Thanks for the info though.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Matt,

Antigua

Martinique

Grand Cayman

Liverpool, England

Cozumel, Mexico

All free of charge.

Thank you very much for the information. Could you please let me know where in Cozumel and Castaway Cay you had your passport stamped?

Thank you!