World Cup on RC

We are sailing on the 15th on the Radiance. My sons are huge soccer fans and want to try and watch as much of the World Cup as they can when we have downtime. I read that in 2014 Royal Caribbean seemed to make a big deal about showing the games but can't find any information on 2018.

Has anyone seen or heard anything about RC showing the games on the ships?

We are sailing on the 15th on the Radiance. My sons are huge soccer fans and want to try and watch as much of the World Cup as they can when we have downtime. I read that in 2014 Royal Caribbean seemed to make a big deal about showing the games but can't find any information on 2018.

Has anyone seen or heard anything about RC showing the games on the ships?

I was on a cruise during the first few days of WC 2014 and there was indeed a Coca-Cola sponsored "World Cup at Sea" campaign with banners all over the ship. The US matches were shown in lounges with audio and also on the poolside big screen (without audio). Additionally, there was a special WC channel on your stateroom TV that showed all games on a loop 24/7. We watched the US-Ghana match in the lounge and the post-game highlights were on the pool screen after the match ended. We have a picture of the Brooks goal on the screen with the sky and ship's tower in the background. Thought it was neat (attached below).

Now for the potentially bad news... I searched for info on this year's WC and found virtually nothing. There's definitely no campaign so the best I'm hoping for (I'll be on Radiance a week after you) is that dedicated WC channel again.

Also, if you're going to have WIFI (although I've read it's been pretty poor in Alaska so far), you should be able to watch matches on the Fox Sports and/or Fox Soccer app.

Hope this helps. I'm a big soccer fan as well (see my handle/avatar) but not huge on international soccer outside of the US national teams so after the Trinidad debacle, I became less concerned about being on vacation during the entirety of the group stage.

If you don't mind, please share what you find once you're on board.

BrooksGoal.JPG.6e4f8d7648cd4b79e4c6bedd4c475235.JPG

We were on a cruise during the Cricket World Cup. It was playing all over the ship and the crewmembers really followed their country teams. So I would expect the same for the Soccer World Cup.

We have found the same, the crew make a really big thing of the World Cup following their own countries.

During the last one we had a lot of fun in the bars watching the games with the bar staff.

• 1 month later...

Just off HOTS. All WC matches were on several big screens & the cabins. They even scheduled aqua shows around the games. Loads of people watching. Updates over the loud speaker on the sports deck, etc.