Drink package versus drink cards

Ladyaruba

neither hubby nor I drink soda, juice or fancy coffee.

He will have 2/3 cocktails to my one!

Thinking we may be better off getting drink cards instead of a package.

Opinions?

Also, is it worth it to get a bottle for your room? Thinking of late night drink on our balcony.

neither hubby nor I drink soda, juice or fancy coffee.

He will have 2/3 cocktails to my one!

Thinking we may be better off getting drink cards instead of a package.

Opinions?

Also, is it worth it to get a bottle for your room? Thinking of late night drink on our balcony.

I assume you are referring to the Explore4 package for drinks? If so, I would price your cruise with and without it (ask your TA). Then decide if the "free" drinks are worth the difference based on how much you normally consume. Same idea goes if you are deciding to buy a drink package vs the drink card (you have to purchase a package for each of you). Based on what you have said, I doubt it would pay for itself, but again you need to do the math on it.

If one of you drinks little and the other more, then the SPB package may well not be worth it - especially with those items you listed that you don't drink.

A beverage card is my "to to" most times. And I have found it works well.

But, if Explore4 happens to be a good deal on your cruise, it may be worth it. I have never figured out the pricing for it as some cruises seem to have only nominal increases (or folks get it added) while others have horrendous price increases like our cruises. But, I'm not a lucky person ;)

We also do not drink a lot -- so the Signature Beverage package is not worth it for us.

We do buy the Beverage Cards -- saves lots of hassle in checking our shipboard account at the end of the cruise. Once we get the new receipt showing the total left on the card, I throw out the old receipt.

Also the Beverage Cards can be used to buy bottles of wine where the Signature Beverage package won't allow you to buy a bottle of wine.

Thanks! If only one of us could get the package it would be worth it.

Think the card will be the best way to go for us.

Did some calculating and looks like hubby would certainly benefit from the package! He loves bloody Mary's in the morning!

I think we may just go ahead and then not have to worry about it.

Might give me the opportunity to try something new(lattes maybe) 😄

We think it is. HAL's prices per bottle are more than you would pay at home, but reasonable for a cruise ship.

Worth it to us to be able to have an adult beverage on the balcony watching the ocean/sunsets/nature.