Parking in New Orleans .. Fulton Garage or Port?

pcbcruiser

I've read good and bad about the Fulton Street Garage so I need your help.

We like to spend money on other things, not parking! lol I have an older car so I'm not worried about being in a covered area. What I am worried about is the convenience of in port vs away from port.

We are going Carnival - Dream next week and wanted to know what you felt about parking at the Fulton Street Garage. Is it worth saving about $50 to park at Fulton rather than parking in the covered Carnival garage?

thanks,

I've read good and bad about the Fulton Street Garage so I need your help.

We like to spend money on other things, not parking! lol I have an older car so I'm not worried about being in a covered area. What I am worried about is the convenience of in port vs away from port.

We are going Carnival - Dream next week and wanted to know what you felt about parking at the Fulton Street Garage. Is it worth saving about $50 to park at Fulton rather than parking in the covered Carnival garage?

thanks,

I have done both and I would do Fulton Place. $16 a day is crazy for the parking. I don't care about the convenience, I care about money! Fulton is 5 minutes away and they shuttle you and your bags to the port and then back to the garage. You pay for rooftop parking, but most of the time they give you covered parking. Make reservations online as if you just show up it is more expensive.

I appreciate someone asking this question because we'll need parking next time we're at the Port of New Orleans and always try to find the right balance between cost and convenience/security.

One more question -- has anyone left their car and toured around the city for the day? I'm guessing we'd pay for an extra day, but any problem picking up the car in the early evening?

I appreciate someone asking this question because we'll need parking next time we're at the Port of New Orleans and always try to find the right balance between cost and convenience/security.

One more question -- has anyone left their car and toured around the city for the day? I'm guessing we'd pay for an extra day, but any problem picking up the car in the early evening?

I have never done that. I usually just research a parking lot by our hotel and park there.

is there a specific website for fulton st. parking? i have searched and find a generic parking site....

I want to make sure I'm at the correct site before I pre pay for parking.

Anyone pre paid and know the site? any problems or concerns pre paying?

Thanks in advance.

is there a specific website for fulton st. parking? i have searched and find a generic parking site....

I want to make sure I'm at the correct site before I pre pay for parking.

Anyone pre paid and know the site? any problems or concerns pre paying?

Thanks in advance.

Here's the website we used for booking our cruise parking:

http://www.neworleansparking.com/lots.asp#

Click on the Fulton Garage option you want (Rooftop/Covered). I prepaid last month. Be sure to print out your receipt and present it when you arrive. Let us know how it works out for you...

I left my truck for a day after my cruise last summer. I booked online and paid for the extra day. It seems like they don't want you to do it because they told us to leave our bags downstairs and have someone go get the car and load the bags downstairs....seemed like they wanted to get us out of the garage quickly. I ignored them and took my bags up to my truck and left it for the extra day I paid for with no problem.

Edited by Saint Greg

• 1 year later...

We've used Fulton for the past 8 cruises and never had any problems. Shuttle always waiting on us when we return. Easy to find. Erato parking at the NOLA terminal is going up to $20 a day starting June 1, 2016 so this is half price.

I wrote a bad review a few years ago about Fulton but in spite of it, I'll be parking there again in a few weeks. $140 vs $84 is enough to put up with a couple headaches. That's $50 plus to spend on the ship or in a port of call.

The website says 'cruise only' on it - but we want to arrive Friday (two days before the cruise). Are they going to have a problem with that?

I asked about staying over for a friend of mine. They do not much care for people staying late because if you don't leave they may loose a spot for a week because you stayed one day. They want you out as quick as possible for those people arriving to get on the next cruise. They have no problem with coming in early because if there is a spot then it gets used for the week. Just what the attendant told me.

We use Fulton everytime we cruise out of NOLA.

Edited by ekajun1957