Issues with my Travel Agent in not being able torrent the SetSail Pass (TAKE 2)

So.... Tried to print off our SetSail Pass yesterday and was unable to do so. A quick call to RCI and was advised that my travel agent needed to call RCI to something or other. So I call my agent and said that the needed to phone RCI, not sure what about as I had paid for the £8k holiday in full and they would have done so too... Was advised that the trip was all paid for and everyone had been paid too, but they would call RCI and then email me to confirm that it all sorted.

Alas... No phone call to say that so today I call RCI who advised em that they had not been paid by my travel agent and that i need to speak to them.... Call agent again to be told that the SetSail pass cant be printed until a month out... I replied that the SetSail Pass can be printed from 90 days out to be told not when you book with us....

Also turns out they they have most deff not paid RCI for the tip and will do so at allowed times only. I did advise them that the holiday was paid in full by me 2 months ago and that I expected them to pay everyone else...

So... Has anyone booked a RCI cruise with an agent and been told you have to wait til 1 month out to print your SetSail Pass? Or am I being led up the garden path and being had over....

Not impressed with how this is panning out.......

Gary

So.... Tried to print off our SetSail Pass yesterday and was unable to do so. A quick call to RCI and was advised that my travel agent needed to call RCI to something or other. So I call my agent and said that the needed to phone RCI, not sure what about as I had paid for the £8k holiday in full and they would have done so too... Was advised that the trip was all paid for and everyone had been paid too, but they would call RCI and then email me to confirm that it all sorted.

Alas... No phone call to say that so today I call RCI who advised em that they had not been paid by my travel agent and that i need to speak to them.... Call agent again to be told that the SetSail pass cant be printed until a month out... I replied that the SetSail Pass can be printed from 90 days out to be told not when you book with us....

Also turns out they they have most deff not paid RCI for the tip and will do so at allowed times only. I did advise them that the holiday was paid in full by me 2 months ago and that I expected them to pay everyone else...

So... Has anyone booked a RCI cruise with an agent and been told you have to wait til 1 month out to print your SetSail Pass? Or am I being led up the garden path and being had over....

Not impressed with how this is panning out.......

Gary

Your agent should be the one to call RC and get this straightened out. After this cruise, I think you should look for a new agent.

So sorry this is happening for you! Have you tried asking for a Customer Rep Supervisor?

Yes, but sort of got fobbed off with i will get one to call you by close tonight (8pm I think). Have left a message on twitter but no reply there yet.... Will call again tomorrow to see whats what.

Just want to know if others have experienced similar as not being able to print the setsail pass till one month out....

Thank you Gary

I think final payment in the UK is not till 56 days out - the TA is under no obligation to pay RCI before then.

Your agent should be the one to call RC and get this straightened out. After this cruise, I think you should look for a new agent.

Never used them before. They are meant to be a reputable company (fairly big). if its not sorted to my liking then will deff think twice about using them again......

Its a good job then that we are only 46 days away.......... Think I need to give RCI a ring again to find out when my booking becomes void.

Also, if there are flights connected with this booking and those have not been ticketed, the printing of the SetSail pass may not be available.

Its a good job then that we are only 46 days away.......... Think I need to give RCI a ring again to find out when my booking becomes void.

I think that’s a good idea. I wish I had more to offer, but I have never used a TA, and I think issues such as these are what keeps my OCD from allowing me to “release the reigns” a bit.

I hope you can easily find a resolution and you can return here and let us all know what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also, if there are flights connected with this booking and those have not been ticketed, the printing of the SetSail pass may not be available.

I have flights with Qatar for which I have been able to book seats for so as far as I'm aware those have been paid for.

And now on hold with my Travel Agent.... the (supposed) Manageress/Supervisor was not impressed that RCI told me twice that my balance had not been paid as they should not be disclosing that information.....

update follows in a min.....

When you pay your travel agent, does your credit card bill show the travel agency as the payee or Royal Caribbean?

There is no way RCI UK should have told you that the balance had not been paid. Your TA is perfectly entitled to be upset!

RCI UK should not be disclosing anything to you about your booking. They should only be advising you to speak to your TA.

Some large UK TAs are on an account with RCI UK and they pay off the balance on all their bookings once a month/quarter. Sounds like your agent is one of these. It's no big deal. You still have 46 days to go.

So...... The long shot of it is that they probably did not pay them till today (as I have been jumping up and down) (and they didnt say they had only just paid them)... But. I will be able to print my setsail pass from Friday as their is always a delay in the payment process......

the whole call was a bit all over the place. Being asked for names of those at RCI who told me payment not been made as thats a breach of confidentiality, to the remark that when i made the booking and paid my deposit thatchy paid everyone in full at that time so i was wrong (didn't get told that) and everyone had already been paid....

Lets wait till Friday............ FINGERS CROSSED.

If the travel agency has an office near you I would go park my butt in their office until things get resolved. It is amazing how quick things get done when you are face to face with a person and they can't BS you over the phone or email

There is no way RCI UK should have told you that the balance had not been paid. Your TA is perfectly entitled to be upset!

RCI UK should not be disclosing anything to you about your booking. They should only be advising you to speak to your TA.

Some large UK TAs are on an account with RCI UK and they pay off the balance on all their bookings once a month/quarter. Sounds like your agent is one of these. It's no big deal. You still have 46 days to go.

Fair enough, but 2 different people told me. And I'm glad they did tell me. I am a bit OCD-ish with this. I need everything in place and order well before travel dates. And they start a fair bit before the cruise as other legs come into play before the cruise.

I thinks its more the point that i have been getting differing stories from different people ive spoken to and few a pack of lies in whats been paid and when and why then stuff has not been paid etc etc etc...

And now on hold with my Travel Agent.... the (supposed) Manageress/Supervisor was not impressed that RCI told me twice that my balance had not been paid as they should not be disclosing that information.....

Excuse my language, but so damn what? Your TA should be more concerned that you are an unhappy client.

Excuse my language, but so damn what? Your TA should be more concerned that you are an unhappy client.

Absolutely correct!!

I guess this just solidifies the fact that I will not be using a TA. I just cant relinquish that kind of control.

OP, thank you for the continued “play-by-play” I am finding this fascinating.

The fact that RCI disclosing payment status on YOUR booking to YOU is being regarded as “breach” is ridiculous in my book.

The fact that RCI disclosing payment status on YOUR booking to YOU is being regarded as “breach” is ridiculous in my book.

The OPs contract is with the TA.

The TAs contract is with RCIUK

Therefore as such, the OP has no direct contract with RCI UK and therefore they should not be disclosing anything about his booking to him. RCI UK cannot even change anything in the booking, if the OP calls them; not even simple things such as changing the beds from twins to a double, without direct instruction, from the TA.

That is how it works over here!

...but I have never used a TA, and I think issues such as these are what keeps my OCD from allowing me to “release the reigns” a bit.

(y)100% agreed! Whatever mystery TA savings we may be missing out on by booking directly pales in comparison to the peace of mind my husband and I have with the planning of our annual cruises.