scary fraud on account and royal'sresponse

elizabethbp

Recently when I was doing our online check-in DH's setsail pass came up showing Emerald and mine came up showing Gold. Weird I thought, since we are both Emerald. After much head-scratching I realised that my Google Chrome autofill had put our home phone number in the box for the C&A number and by coincidence it must be someone else's actual C&A number.

After I corrected it I got the right status on my setsail pass but I wonder if a similar error by somebody could have generated the "extra" cruise on the OP's account? Because effectively I was assigning my cruise to someone else.

Edited by FionaMG

Just because its never happened to you, doesn't mean it doesn't happen, especially with parking tickets. I read an article about it a couple years ago, which of course I can't find..., about two women with the same name, one who didn't have a car and the other who had lots of parking tickets. And my college was famous for billing the first "Joe Shmo" that came up in the computer for the ticket.

Year ago, under my VeryVeryCommon maiden name, there were two of us with the same name the the same small city. I was NotVeryCommon E. VeryVeryCommon, she was NotVeryCommon P. VeryVeryCommon. When said out loud, you could not tell the difference. Good reason for the NATO phonetic alphabet :D

I'm saying the system can be set up to prevent it from happening. Come on, people. It's not 1980. This is easily preventable. I am still kind of laughing at the assumption here that the person on the OP's account had the same name. I don't see where that has ever been said.

I agree though, that it's obviously a mistake and certainly not "fraud" or "scary". LOL!

I see. Well, the OP didn't say the person has her same name, but maybe that's the case. It's still weird. I mean, lots of people share my name, but their driving record doesn't pop up on mine. One number is tied to one person, not just to a name.

It is a unique number/name. The problem is that it is a drop down menu with names and C&A numbers. And if the agent is in a hurry, they select the wrong person and it is possible to link him or her to an incorrect cruise. That may have changed with their website upgrade.

Mom's account had 4 other past cruises on it in addition to the one she actually took with us. They will be able to sort it out with no problem.