scary fraud on account and royal'sresponse

elizabethbp

I check my account every day as have 2 cruises booked, one upcoming on the Symphony, and checking every day to see if entertainment posted. Today when I looked on line, the site said I had 3 cruises booked. The latest was in someone else's name for a cruise December 2019 out of Miami . I never booked this. I called RCCl to investigate and was on the phone at least 20 minutes. They said it could taker them a week to resolve. Resolve what? I never booked it, and as I said to the agent, if I had booked a cruise and it did not appear on my cruise account, I would have called to see what happened. I asked if the people who booked this cruise had called but they would not tell me.

This is pretty scary to me. I told her they better not mess up the upcoming Symphony cruise, but quite frankly find this all very disturbing.

These things happen, the time delay is because they need to make sure they're not leaving another guest without a vacation.

If your card wasn't charged, and the next charge isn't for a while, you have time.

In fact, what's most likely is that you would've gotten a 'free' cruise out of the deal.

I check my account every day as have 2 cruises booked, one upcoming on the Symphony, and checking every day to see if entertainment posted. Today when I looked on line, the site said I had 3 cruises booked. The latest was in someone else's name for a cruise December 2019 out of Miami . I never booked this. I called RCCl to investigate and was on the phone at least 20 minutes. They said it could taker them a week to resolve. Resolve what? I never booked it, and as I said to the agent, if I had booked a cruise and it did not appear on my cruise account, I would have called to see what happened. I asked if the people who booked this cruise had called but they would not tell me.

This is pretty scary to me. I told her they better not mess up the upcoming Symphony cruise, but quite frankly find this all very disturbing.

Sounds like someone input a wrong crown and anchor number and the cruise got hooked to your account. They will get it moved.

Doesn't seem like fraud in the least, sounds like a computer error.

Lol. Fraud? Come on. A cruise accidentally got linked to your account via C&A. It's not like they billed you for it. Goodness. This is definitely not "scary." They just need to move the incorrectly linked cruises. Big deal.

Lol. Fraud? Come on. A cruise accidentally got linked to your account via C&A. It's not like they billed you for it. Goodness. This is definitely not "scary." They just need to move the incorrectly linked cruises. Big deal.

Agree. Not fraud and not scary. Just a glitch to be corrected.

So the Crown and Anchor numbers aren’t tied to a name? I mean, like with my NCL Latitudes number, no one else could book a cruise with my number and THEIR name attached, because my number pulls up my name. How can it be in her account with a different name? Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So the Crown and Anchor numbers aren’t tied to a name? I mean, like with my NCL Latitudes number, no one else could book a cruise with my number and THEIR name attached, because my number pulls up my name. How can it be in her account with a different name? Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Because there are lots of people with the same name, and they are on a drop down....

When I went to complete SetSail for my mom on her first cruise, a C&A number popped up. I called to tell them that she didn't have a number. The agent said, "Sure she does, Plano, Texas, correct?"

I said, "No."

The agent said that he would remove it. We completed the sailing.

5 years later, when I went to complete the paperwork for mom's second cruise...she was Platinum C&A. Mom didn't end up taking that cruise and is gone now, but hopefully Ms. Plano Texas lady is still cruising! :D

Edited by Coralc

Because there are lots of people with the same name, and they are on a drop down....

When I went to complete SetSail for my mom on her first cruise, a C&A number popped up. I called to tell them that she didn't have a number. The agent said, "Sure she does, Plano, Texas, correct?"

I said, "No."

The agent said that he would remove it. We completed the sailing.

5 years later, when I went to complete the paperwork for mom's second cruise...she was Platinum C&A. Mom didn't end up taking that cruise and is gone now, but hopefully Ms. Plano Texas lady is still cruising! :D

I see. Well, the OP didn't say the person has her same name, but maybe that's the case. It's still weird. I mean, lots of people share my name, but their driving record doesn't pop up on mine. One number is tied to one person, not just to a name.

I see. Well, the OP didn't say the person has her same name, but maybe that's the case. It's still weird. I mean, lots of people share my name, but their driving record doesn't pop up on mine. One number is tied to one person, not just to a name.

Just because its never happened to you, doesn't mean it doesn't happen, especially with parking tickets. I read an article about it a couple years ago, which of course I can't find..., about two women with the same name, one who didn't have a car and the other who had lots of parking tickets. And my college was famous for billing the first "Joe Shmo" that came up in the computer for the ticket.

Year ago, under my VeryVeryCommon maiden name, there were two of us with the same name the the same small city. I was NotVeryCommon E. VeryVeryCommon, she was NotVeryCommon P. VeryVeryCommon. When said out loud, you could not tell the difference. Good reason for the NATO phonetic alphabet :D