How strict are the Camps regarding age

kyboymom

We are cruising with friends in October and this will be their first cruise. Their kids range in age from 11-16. After looking at the breakdown of the Camps age I saw that their 11yo would be in a different camp than their 12yo. It looks like the break down is Camp Ocean is for 9-11yo and Circle C is 12-14yo. Do you think the 11years and 9 months at the time of the cruise would be able to go to Circle C or is it strictly by the designated age groups? Anyone have any similar experiences with this?

My girls are 19 months apart and I had the same problem on almost every cruise. They would never let my younger one go to the older ones group, but they let the older one move to the younger group. So they got to be together which is what was important to them.

When we sailed in January one year, my daughter was 2 weeks from age 9, the younger groups are divided 2-5, 6-8, 9-11. I asked if she could be with the 9 year olds, and the counselor said yes. As you are cruising in October, (not a month for large family cruises), it wouldn't hurt to ask. The worst thing is they say is no. And that statement of allowing them down is not always the case. 18 year olds, still in highschool, are unable to participate in Club o2.