What if I am still standing??

bobjer17

We have the Cheers package. We are moderate drinkers in normal life but drink our butts off while cruising. We both have a pretty high tolerance for alcohol so fifteen drinks will be fairly easy. But, if we somehow go over that and appear to reasonably sober and still standing can we then purchase drinks? :)

Quick question for those that have used the drink package, my wife likes the daily frozen drinks and mixed drinks. If she has the cheers package are the drinks in smaller bar glasses? She likes the souvenier glasses also so I'm torn if she isn't getting those also. Also I pre-paid for a bottle of champange to be delivered to state room for her birthday, will this be refused if we have drink package added?

Edited by dinov1970

Quick question for those that have used the drink package, my wife likes the daily frozen drinks and mixed drinks. If she has the cheers package are the drinks in smaller bar glasses? She likes the souvenier glasses also so I'm torn if she isn't getting those also. Also I pre-paid for a bottle of champange to be delivered to state room for her birthday, will this be refused if we have drink package added?
You can get a 25% off bottles of wine if you have the Cheers package. Not sure if that applies to Champagne also. No you won't be denied.

It has been my experience that we can buy empty souvenir cups for a reduced charge than those with a drink inside. Just ask a bartender for one and they will charge it to your sail and sign card.

I hope that is still the case. And if so, you can still get them for your wife even if you have Cheers.

During our first cruise 2 years ago, my husband and I traveled without our kids so we bought the cheers package. 1 night my dh reached his 15 drink limit. The waitress said he didn’t appear drunk and allowed me to order a beverage which I gave to him. I know this isn’t the policy but honestly he was fine. Have fun on your trip[emoji16][emoji485][emoji484][emoji482]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

During our first cruise 2 years ago, my husband and I traveled without our kids so we bought the cheers package. 1 night my dh reached his 15 drink limit. The waitress said he didn’t appear drunk and allowed me to order a beverage which I gave to him. I know this isn’t the policy but honestly he was fine. Have fun on your trip[emoji16][emoji485][emoji484][emoji482]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks! We will!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It has been my experience that we can buy empty souvenir cups for a reduced charge than those with a drink inside. Just ask a bartender for one and they will charge it to your sail and sign card.

I hope that is still the case. And if so, you can still get them for your wife even if you have Cheers.

Thanks that's good to know

The bartenders are usually pretty good about warning you once you're approaching 15 - a few times they even suggested I "buy a drink for a friend" - they're usually nice about it, as long as you're not stumbling all over the place

Two cruises ago we had Cheers (3 of us in a cabin), and we were routinely dining with friends of ours who did not purchase Cheers. Not only did our MDR waiters ply us with bottled water and sparkling water all night, but they allowed, nay, encouraged us to get drinks for our friends at the table despite the "no sharing" rule.

So yeah, they can be really "nice about it." :D :halo:

(Needless to say we tipped them handsomely.)