!!! NORWEGIAN ESCAPE !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

subscribing, was never interested in NCL, but boy, you sure do make it look attractive, anxious to know the rest of the story!

V

NCL has a great product, well at the very least in the newer vessels. You should deff give it a try!

Gambee,

You were told that the Vibe was closed and you needed to leave at 10:20pm? I thought Vibe was 24 X 7 but it was just the bar that closed early?

-Keith

This is something that is not too clear. On the dailies I believe they say they close at 7pm, but that is only the bar. When we got kicked out, I meant from the jacuzzi, but in all reality I think you can be there at any time of the night. Just without a jacuzzi and a bar.

I totally agree! We did a two week transatlantic... three news stations, umpteen ship channels, one movie channel in french, one in german, one in spanish, and one in english. The five movies on each channel just repeated over and over. There has to be more offerings!

Thank goodness for Amazon Videos on the iPad.

They really need to look at their programing, I could not imagine a crossing with those channels. I would go crazy! Then again, I usually load all my material on my devices :)

Gambee, loving your review.... We were on Oasis same time as you, Harmony in October but may have to try this ship now. Your mum is so lucky to have you as a son, you are so nice and kind and considerate to her, hope she had a great time.....eagerly awaiting the next instalment

I think I am more lucky to have her, than she is to have me. I think she had a blast!

Thank you for following along :)

Thank you so much for another wonderful review, Gambee. I cruised Escape a few weeks ago and I loved it. DW and I were just saying we could go back on that cruise. All your great pictures really took me back. :)

Thanks for sharing your cruise, we are sailing 11th June, first time with NCL, Escape looks amazing. Keep up the good work!

Thank you, hope you continue to enjoy the review and get the most out of it :)

The ship on the inside looks absolutely stunning! So modern and beautiful. The sun deck just confuses the heck out of me and I know I haven't been on the ship, but it just looks very chopped up and all over the place! :confused: Anxious to hear more on that as the review unfolds!

You've certainly whet my appetite for that spa! My wife and I are going to sail on the Escape in a mere 406 days, and I booked a Spa Balcony. Those stone loungers will be our home away from home I suspect! :D

My wife and I also booked a Spa Balcony sailing in 313 days. Thank you Gambee for giving us a great look at what to expect. Enjoying your review as always.

Awesome review so far-thank you for doing it! I'm just off the Getaway today so am looking forward to seeing the differences between the two ships. I agree with the TV programming- it was even worse on the Getaway! I would have welcomed the Guy Harvey channel...there was literally nothing except 3 news channels, a European sports channel and a movie channel that had movies I had never seen or heard of. No cartoon channel or anything for kids and I wasn't about to spend $$$ on pay per view movies!

Can you tell me if there is a rock climbing wall, bungee trampoline and the spider web/slide on the Escape? My son spent a considerable time at these but was too short for the ropes course. I can tell you Splash Academy was awesome and my son enjoyed it there when he went. The hours stink on sea days-closed between 12-2 and 5-7 but I guess they do this so parents won't abuse the system and dump their kids there all day!

Thanks again for the review!! :D

Hi Gambee.

Been following your reviews since 2013 (BA).

Your photographs so far for this review are just outstanding. Very well done.

Looking forward for the next post and pix.

Hi to your mom :) and good luck with everything.

Happy Sailing :)

Thanks for sharing your cruise, we are sailing 11th June, first time with NCL, Escape looks amazing. Keep up the good work!

Hey there....we (myslef and 10 other friends) are on the June 11th sailing as well. The excitement is finally kicking in....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Fun review!! Thanks for taking the time for the review and the photos. You do have an eye for detail, a few of my questions were answered from the photos. Headed out Wed. for a pre-cruise stay before our 5/21 Escape sailing! :D

The ship on the inside looks absolutely stunning! So modern and beautiful. The sun deck just confuses the heck out of me and I know I haven't been on the ship, but it just looks very chopped up and all over the place! :confused: Anxious to hear more on that as the review unfolds!

I think that is the way that most of the Breakaway class are. For the most part they work well on the smaller ones, but in the plus ones, it is simply too many people. But you're right, it does not have the easy flow that RCCL and some carnival ships have.

My wife and I also booked a Spa Balcony sailing in 313 days. Thank you Gambee for giving us a great look at what to expect. Enjoying your review as always.

You're very welcome, hope you can continue to enjoy :)

Norwegian%20Escape%20review-393_zpscyxdmy70.jpg

This looks like a lot of wasted space. I'm ready to start a dance party there!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

LoL, it is actually a nice place to sit and relax, while mom takes care of things :D

Awesome review so far-thank you for doing it! I'm just off the Getaway today so am looking forward to seeing the differences between the two ships. I agree with the TV programming- it was even worse on the Getaway! I would have welcomed the Guy Harvey channel...there was literally nothing except 3 news channels, a European sports channel and a movie channel that had movies I had never seen or heard of. No cartoon channel or anything for kids and I wasn't about to spend $$$ on pay per view movies!

Can you tell me if there is a rock climbing wall, bungee trampoline and the spider web/slide on the Escape? My son spent a considerable time at these but was too short for the ropes course. I can tell you Splash Academy was awesome and my son enjoyed it there when he went. The hours stink on sea days-closed between 12-2 and 5-7 but I guess they do this so parents won't abuse the system and dump their kids there all day!

Thanks again for the review!! :D

Ummmmm, I don't think I ever saw the rock climbing wall. They have the margaritaville where it use to be on Breakaway. And no web/slide there either, sorry to bring you bad news. I think they just made the rope course larger and it took the space of the web. That said, they had a zipline for small kids as well, I think they did not have that on Breakaway, but I could be wrong.

Edited by gambee

Hi Gambee.

Been following your reviews since 2013 (BA).

Your photographs so far for this review are just outstanding. Very well done.

Looking forward for the next post and pix.

Hi to your mom :) and good luck with everything.

Happy Sailing :)

Thank you for being a loyal follower :)

I really appreciate it.

Loving all the pics! We will be on her in 12.5 days! Is the balcony door a sliding door or a hinged door? Just wondering if I need to pack bungee cords to hear the ocean all night!!

They are sliding doors, no bungee needed :)