NCL Bliss with 18 month old

Smoorewatty4

Ellio043. We are on that cruise over July 4. No babies, ours are grown up. Would never have had the energy /bravery to bring a baby on a cruise ( by the time we had an 18 month old we had another baby) but we LOVE seeing babies out in the world and hope it's a fabulous trip for all of you!

This winter will be the 3rd cruise for my 19 month granddaughter. What we have found helpful is to bring disposable bibs and when the waiter asks for our drink order we place an order for my granddaughter. That way her food comes before our food. The wait staff does an excellent job dealing with children.

• 2 months later...
Hi All,

Just looking for some helpful tips for cruising with a little one for our upcoming trip to Alaska... And saying that we shouldn't do it is not what I would consider "helpful" ;).

What have others' experiences been like with NCL a little one? What gear is a must for onboard and what type of things should we expect/plan for?

My husband and I are seasoned cruisers, but now we are first time parents and everything is different! We would love to gain some knowledge from other cruising families. :)

Any chance you’ve gone yet? I’m getting nervous about having enough space for my daughter’s travel crib as the open floor space seems tight (we are in a mid ship mini suite).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any chance you’ve gone yet? I’m getting nervous about having enough space for my daughter’s travel crib as the open floor space seems tight (we are in a mid ship mini suite).

Most cruise ships will provide a roll away crib for use. When we cruised with our 10 month old granddaughter, we requested ahead to have a crib waiting in cabin. We were very cramped, but mostly because we had the couch converted to a bed, also, for her mother. My son in law was deployed at the time, and we just thought we would bring the two along with us. Thank goodness we had a balcony because without it, we would have had no place to sit, talk, and unwind. If I had to do it again, I would have booked them an inside cabin across the hall. It was VERY cramped.

We sailed a few years ago on the Epic with my 8-month old nephew in a balcony. The pack 'n play NCL provided fit perfectly in the room and my sister and brother-in-law had enough space to move around while my nephew napped. I'd recommend calling NCL to request a crib.

OP, have a great cruise with your kiddo!

I have booked a cruise for April 2019 on the Bliss - will be DD, SIL & 7 month old (approx, due date Sept 21) granddaughter’s first cruise - hopefully they like cruising

Crib & highchair have already been ordered.

I booked while on board, CruiseNext & concierge said we will be fine traveling with a baby. Appreciate everyone’s great suggestions!

There are babies on each and every cruise. They will provide a crib that fits. They are not going to provide one that doesn't.

You will need to bring ALL the "baby stuff" with you...the ship sells nothing for babies or pediatric meds......diapers, wipes, medications...you need to pack it. Most cabins only have showers, so a blow up tub is handy for bathing a child!

You are a family, and families travel together. I can't imagine anyone saying to leave your child behind. A cruise is only a vacation, and vacation as a family will be what you do for the next 2 decades! Go! Enjoy!

I will tell you that the dining room is MUCH easier than the buffet, when you have little ones....be served! Too hard to fix plates, find tables, gather utensils while dealing with a child. Go to the dining room, be seated and served! So nice! The staff loves kids, as they miss their own.

We buy one of those plastic tubs with the locking flip lids and pack the baby essentials in it and it doubles as a tub. After we leave it on the ship.You can order a crib and high chair prior to your arrival.

We ordered the dipes and wipes gift package to be delivered to the cabin as we are coming from New Orleans and did not want to deal with carrying on plane.

My daughter who lives in Alaska told us to be sure to bring a weatherproof hoodie and waterproof shoes. Another tip is to buy the mosquito repellent bracelets and put on his ankle or stroller so they will not go in little mouth, but we are sailing in July during mosquito season.

I have inflatable floaties still flat I am bringing for the pool and also packed my camping portable air pump.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81Ih%2BKPOpNL._SL1500_.jpg

We'll be taking our toddler, he'll be 2.5 at the time, on a NCL cruise this summer! I'm excited and nervous! My little guy is super active so I'm worried I'll do nothing but chase him the whole time! I think I'll buy a "baby leash". I know some people will judge and think it's tacky, but I don't need him getting lost in a crowd.

Have you seen the adorable backpack animals with the leashes? The animal is on the leash but the toddlers wear their friend on their backs. I know small difference but we have one and my grand daughter tends to wear it easily.

https://www.amazon.com/Alphabetz-Animal-Harness-Backpack-Brown/dp/B06X9FYXJ3/ref=sr_1_20_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1529798907&sr=8-20-spons&keywords=baby%2Bbackpack%2Bwith%2Bleash&th=1

We ordered the dipes and wipes gift package to be delivered to the cabin as we are coming from New Orleans and did not want to deal with carrying on plane.

My daughter who lives in Alaska told us to be sure to bring a weatherproof hoodie and waterproof shoes. Another tip is to buy the mosquito repellent bracelets and put on his ankle or stroller so they will not go in little mouth, but we are sailing in July during mosquito season.

I have inflatable floaties still flat I am bringing for the pool and also packed my camping portable air pump.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81Ih%2BKPOpNL._SL1500_.jpg

No need for pool floats for the diapered kids, since they aren’t allowed in the pools/splash areas on board.

No need for pool floats for the diapered kids, since they aren’t allowed in the pools/splash areas on board.

Correct, I apologize I did not make that clear that is for the 8 year old. Actually did not need to include it since it is for a thread about an 18 month old.