Voyager of the Seas Flowrider by Christmas?

Two pieces of news popped up on the Royal Caribbean blog. Voyager of the Seas is getting FlowRider and VOS is getting refurbished in Q4 of 2014.

The FlowRiders will be installed on Voyager of the Seas and Explorer of the Seas later this year, with no specific date. Voyager of the Seas is scheduled for a refurbishment in May 2014 and Explorer of the Seas will have her refurbishment in February 2015.

Currently the shipyard expects Voyager of the Seas in for its work in the fourth quarter of 2014. The shipyard will help introduce on Voyager of the Seas many of the innovative and most popular onboard amenities that debuted on the Oasis-class of ships, as well as brand new innovative concepts that will greatly elevate the experience for our guests.

Well, if the recently refurbed Navigator is anything to go by, she'll be getting the pervasive wifi, digital signage, Izumi, Giovanni's Table, updates to Chops Grille, Sabor Modern Mexican, Champagne Bar will become R-Bar, the Flowrider, virtual balcony cabins and panoramic ocean view cabins (with ceiling to floor windows). I'm sure some things will be different and she'll get stuff Navigator didn't get, but those are the likely changes.

Well, if the recently refurbed Navigator is anything to go by, she'll be getting the pervasive wifi, digital signage, Izumi, Giovanni's Table, updates to Chops Grille, Sabor Modern Mexican, Champagne Bar will become R-Bar, the Flowrider, virtual balcony cabins and panoramic ocean view cabins (with ceiling to floor windows). I'm sure some things will be different and she'll get stuff Navigator didn't get, but those are the likely changes.

When on the Voyager last month, the advice given as to the refurbishing was to check out the recent refurb on Navigator as very similar.

As a TA I have recently been advised by our RCI Rep that we will be seeing a bigger ship than Voyager coming out to Aus.

The official announcenent was due last week, we should hopefully know more within the fortnight!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As a TA I have recently been advised by our RCI Rep that we will be seeing a bigger ship than Voyager coming out to Aus.

The official announcenent was due last week, we should hopefully know more within the fortnight!

I will be looking forward to something officially announced.:D

My RCI rep seems to take great pleasure in teasing me that she knows what ship it is and "if she tells me, she'd have to kill me". I can't wait to find out.

My RCI rep seems to take great pleasure in teasing me that she knows what ship it is and "if she tells me, she'd have to kill me". I can't wait to find out.

Is it the freedom?????

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm waiting for a Diamond Lounge, with a view.:)

When we were on the Voyager, they had a makeshift Diamond Lounge with great views as opposed to its horrible inside Concierge Lounge. The Diamond Lounges on both the Rhapsody and the Radiance have great views as does their Concierge Lounges.

Cheers

Di

• 3 weeks later...
Where did you hear the iceskating rink is being removed? This is one of the main reasons I booked the Voyager.

It is the inline (roller) skating area that is being removed for the flow rider area not the ice skating rink. It is a great ice show. iIf you go to the past passenger event, for us it was held there and we got to see a more personal ice show as well, all about the skaters.

Edited by megsie

Where did you hear the iceskating rink is being removed? This is one of the main reasons I booked the Voyager.

I wanted to know what was being refurbished as we are going on her next January so I Googled voyager of the seas refurbishment 2014 and it showed up on a few sites including Wikipedia. I will be very disappointed if it's true :(

They haven't actually released full details on Voyager's refurb. I highly doubt they would remove the ice-skating rink. The inline skating track is definitely going though, to make way for the relocated mini golf and Flowrider. I definitely wouldn't believe what you've read on Wikipedia. :)

I love ice skating shows and was soooo looking forward to seeing one and now they are removing the ice rink :(

They are not removing the ice skating rink only the inline skating rink(roller skating) up on deck next to the golf course. When we were on the Voyager this didn't seem to get a great deal of use anyway. Ice skating shows were one of the highlights of a voyager cruise. Robin:)