Blu/MDR question

EliseL

Hi. I am new to Celebrity and will be in Aqua Class. I'm a little confused about the dining. Do we have to eat in Blu or are we able to eat in the MDR as well? I never get to dress up in my "normal" life so would love to do so on formal night. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi. I am new to Celebrity and will be in Aqua Class. I'm a little confused about the dining. Do we have to eat in Blu or are we able to eat in the MDR as well? I never get to dress up in my "normal" life so would love to do so on formal night. Thanks.

We have been able to eat in the MDR although we prefer Blu. Celebrity is going to try their best to accommodate your dining wishes so just ask them what's possible but do try to reserve ahead of time.

Larry

Blu is your assigned dining room. If you want to eat in the MDR on occasion ask the MaitreD in Blu to arrange that. You will find many of the people in Blu are dressed up on formal night.

Edited by jelayne

Well, for one thing you can dress up and dine in Blu, no problem there. However, if you want to dine in the MDR some nights ask the Maitre Dee in Blu to arrange it for you. Works more easily that way.

Enjoy your first Aquas class cruise. We love Blu! :)

Thanks for the replies. Good to know that people do dress up even at Blu. I didn't realize that.

Very excited about our trip...can't get here fast enough.

I think dressing up could mean anything. I always dress up when dining in Blu compared to how I am dressed when at home. :D

There are guidelines for what clothing is appropriate to dine in Blu as with the other restaurants on board. In Blu formal nights are still recognized and many to most will follow that but it is not required. Other than on formal nights the dress code is probably enforced more than in the MDR.

I would advise you to read the FAQ section on Celebrity's website. It has a lot of helpful and interesting info.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

In my experience, on Formal night I'd say at least half the men were wearing sports coat, slacks, shirt and tie and "above" in terms of formality. Women also seemed on average, more dressed up on formal nights. This was in the Caribbean and on the Panama Canal.

You can certainly dine in the MDR any night by using the Select Dining line or you can also ask (once onboard) to be assigned a table in the MDR for the entire (or remaining) cruise space permitting.

Blue is not for everyone as the atmosphere is usually very quiet with less menu choices and smaller portions than MDR and often popular dining times are lined up as they don't accept reservations oddly enough. We like Aqua Class but not Blue other than a couple breakfasts or a couple of dinners when the mood strikes.

The other replies have covered formal night dressing but another thing to add is that the last formal night in the MDR is usually a well dressed up fancy affair with a celebration towards the end of early and late seating to thank all the kitchen and dining room staff. We really enjoy that.

Have a great cruise. You can't go wrong for dinner knowing you can do either Blue or MDR. Do try both for the fun of it and make up your own mind for future cruises!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Dining in Select is not certain. Select may already be overbooked and your option for the MDR might be one of the two traditional settings. It's important to consult with the Blu staff and not just show up at the Select entry line to see if Select would be available

Thanks for the replies. Good to know that people do dress up even at Blu. I didn't realize that.

Very excited about our trip...can't get here fast enough.

On formal evenings we find a higher % of those in Blu dressed to the 9's:D than in the MDR.