Adventure of the Seas Dry Dock

Does anybody know when?

The publicity material said 'coming April 2014'.

I just went to the Royal website and checked from Jan to June 2014 and I could find sailings that covered the entire period.

So when exactly would be the drydock?

Does anybody know when?

The publicity material said 'coming April 2014'.

I just went to the Royal website and checked from Jan to June 2014 and I could find sailings that covered the entire period.

So when exactly would be the drydock?

April 2014 is the date on the latest schedule, dated 15-Apr-2013. They release a new schedule every couple of months, so they could be changing the date for Adventure.

April 2014 is the date on the latest schedule, dated 15-Apr-2013. They release a new schedule every couple of months, so they could be changing the date for Adventure.

Ok. We are keen on a cruise in June 2014 on the Adventure. However, if the ship isn't retrofitted by then, we would give it a miss.

Yep sad too. When we were on board in feb and went to the captains corner,they had just gotten notice that the drydock had been cut to two weeks from the four. We are all sitting there saying hmmmm you didn't get the original memo as you still are thinking you are going in January of 2014. apparently they got a memo stating the correct amount of weeks but wrong month. They did say they were supposed to get a single flow rider but they thought that was a rumor...lol and surely not with only two weeks. The hotel manager says it goes on deck 13. yes there is a deck 13...look in the elevator and up top when it shows what is on the deck highlites...deck 13 sports deck....you just can't get there YET by elevator. you go up stairs.

They do amazing things in a short amount of time so who knows...they may change the dates again. We were originally booked during the first dates and got the call to when would we like to change to and save loads of cash. Then the dates got tweaked again. And now we have just two weeks. it will be interesting and very exciting.

No, the dry dock is still scheduled from March 30 to April 9. Looks like she won't be getting all the enhancements that Navigator is getting though.

The Adventurer has been spending 6 months of the year in the Med (port intensive) and northern Europe (I don't care what you think even summer is cold). Then 1 month is taken up by trans atlantics (which is always an older crowd). Maybe Royal cannot justify the expense of putting in a flow rider with these demographics. As long as there's a Chops and a Park Cafe I will be happy.

The Adventurer has been spending 6 months of the year in the Med (port intensive) and northern Europe (I don't care what you think even summer is cold). Then 1 month is taken up by trans atlantics (which is always an older crowd). Maybe Royal cannot justify the expense of putting in a flow rider with these demographics. As long as there's a Chops and a Park Cafe I will be happy.

And a Giovanni's Table;)

• 1 month later...

Thinking of going on the Adventure March 23 2014 which looks like would just be before dry dock. There's a great balcony guarantee rate right now. Any thoughts? Has anyone been on this ship lately? Will the ship look pretty worn? The itinerary is great and perfect for our schedule.

Thanks! Sharon

Thinking of going on the Adventure March 23 2014 which looks like would just be before dry dock. There's a great balcony guarantee rate right now. Any thoughts? Has anyone been on this ship lately? Will the ship look pretty worn? The itinerary is great and perfect for our schedule.

Thanks! Sharon

We were on Adventure about a year ago and thought the ship was in great shape. Royal does a very good job with ship upkeep. I'd not hesitate to book again, before or after dry dock. In fact, we're booked on Adventure about a month before the date you're considering.

Hi

Would anyone know if the Sports Bar on AOS will survive the dry dock, or even if its still there?

We are on her next June when the football (soccer) World Cup is on and thought it would be a good place to catch a game.

Thanks

The Sports Bar is there now, but will likely be replaced by Vintages this coming April.

We were on Adventure about a year ago and thought the ship was in great shape. Royal does a very good job with ship upkeep. I'd not hesitate to book again, before or after dry dock. In fact, we're booked on Adventure about a month before the date you're considering.

The Sports Bar is there now, but will likely be replaced by Vintages this coming April.

Thanks Bob, enjoyed Vintages on Liberty so all good :)

Thanks! Sharon

We were on the ship the ship two weeks ago it is still spotless everything is clean and tidy but looking tired. In the windjammer and Viking lounge about 40% of the large double glazed windows are blown (all misted up) But our stateroom was immaculate with new carpets and a recovered suite. I would go back tomorrow.

• 2 months later...

I just looked because we are going on the March 23 sailing out of PR and it seems that the FIRST week of April, right AFTER we return, there are not any cruises for this ship. I am thinking that between April 1 - 9 it will be getting a face lift.

Of course I'm totally bummed because originally it was to be in January and I wanted to sail on a "fresh" ship. OH well:(

Diamond Lounge please!!!

I don't mind where it is now--it's a mice view. The D lounge on the Oasis is in a large room with no windows. Can anyone substantiate what We were told on the Serenade cruise this August--that all D lounges will be standard catered, with various canapés, hors d'ovres, etc., and allowed to have soda, beer and wine.

When we were on the Adventure this past Feb. we only got mix of peanuts and don't recall if I was able to get beer.

We were on two weeks ago, at the captains questions he said there is a 8-10 day dry dock next April for essential maintenance and the major refit will be in 2016. This is sad news because it needs it now, I won't sail on her again until the major refit.

Jason

We were on two weeks ago, at the captains questions he said there is a 8-10 day dry dock next April for essential maintenance and the major refit will be in 2016. This is sad news because it needs it now, I won't sail on her again until the major refit.

Jason

Yes this is what I heard also. I had been wondering how they could possibly do the major refurb in 9 days:confused: We booked the 4 day and 7 day after drydock so we could enjoy the new ship, but have since moved over to the Getaway:eek:

The Adventure doesn't have a dedicated Diamond Lounge yet right?

Correct, no DL until after dry dock. Until then, Adventure hosts a Nightly Diamond Event with free house wine, house champagne, and soda. All other drinks are 25% off.

Edited by clarea

Correct, no DL until after dry dock. Until then, Adventure hosts a Nightly Diamond Event with free house wine, house champagne, and soda. All other drinks are 25% off.

This is news to me. We're diamond and sailing on AOS in Mar '14 right before dry dock and I thought that without a diamond lounge, all we would get is a discount.

Any idea where this is held and at what time? And, not to be repetitive but this is EVERY night??

This is news to me. We're diamond and sailing on AOS in Mar '14 right before dry dock and I thought that without a diamond lounge, all we would get is a discount.

Any idea where this is held and at what time? And, not to be repetitive but this is EVERY night??

Yes the Diamond Event is every night and usually held on Deck 14 at the 19th Hole. Complementary wine &champagne,; and mixed drinks are 25% off.

Edited by melbur