Brand of bottled water on the splendor?

CoffeHound

Can anyone tell me what brand(s) of bottled water is available on the Splendor? Is it the carnival purified water only or is there a brand name as well?

Thanks!

We are going on our very first carnival cruise at the end of January, and I am really excited to try a new cruise line.

Can anyone tell me what brand(s) of bottled water is available on the Splendor? Is it the carnival purified water only or is there a brand name as well?

Thanks!

We are going on our very first carnival cruise at the end of January, and I am really excited to try a new cruise line.

I know that the bottled Carnival water on the Pride that sails from Baltimore MD. is purified and it is bottled by Niagara. I wish there was a spring water option. Many people say water is water, no it is not. ;-)

I know that the bottled Carnival water on the Pride that sails from Baltimore MD. is purified and it is bottled by Niagara. I wish there was a spring water option. Many people say water is water, no it is not. ;-)

Poobah, technically you are correct. Spring Water that indeed rises from a spring in the ground, not a tap in a water plant;p, is "simply" filtered through various filteration systems. Purified water, which can come from a tap in the water plant, is usually purified via a reverse osmosis process that takes out all other elements but pure H2O. Thus you do miss any minerals that can come through a filteration process, but get a more pure water taste, which is nada to many folks taste buds.

I am a little sad that there isn't another choice. Princess used to have spring water for their package and then the last time we were on Grand it was purified no name. It did not taste good to me.

I have to agree that for me water is not all the same and there are certain brands that I just don't like! Hopefully the tap water on the ship will taste ok to me sometimes it does, sometimes not so much!

I really wish carnival would offer a choice since you can't bring any with you.

Thanks everyone.

Last time I checked, bottle water on Carnival was at least 3 different sources depending on how obtained. All were "Carnival" brand. The water you buy by the case, the "free" water for Platinum and Diamond cruisers, and the water for sale in the stateroom.

This is interesting. We are going out of Miami on the Splendor in a little over a week. My daughter only likes water to drink and I am trying to decide if I need to get her a portable filter. I heard the water on ship can be nasty sometimes. I personally don't care and will drink just about anything as long as it isn't green. :-) I have also heard of people bringing along flavor packets on their voyage too. Anyone have any comments on Splendor's water quality or is it just that you have to chill it before drinking?

Thanks!

Brand X.