Bit the bullet for 7 nights on the liberty

Dubdude007

Caroling in the Scooner Bar was fantastic...

Phil Anderson will be in the Schooner Bar most nights. He doesn't play much Christmas music, but I think he is very entertaining. He usually has a full house for the first set (around 9pm to 10pm).

Just curious why you're saying 'biting the bullet' and 'hope wont be disappointed.' Maybe I'm just misreading the post but it doesn't sound like you're to excited already. We just of the Liberty and had a great time and plan to do it again next year. Nice looking ship, nice size, nice itinerary and can just drive to the port. We have no plans to be disappointed.

Great observation, I would say bit the bullet if I felt I HAD to book an old ship like Majesty or pay the crazy money to be one of the first on any of the new ships but Liberty is a solid choice,

enjoy!

We got deck 8 towards the end of the ship room 86??. Trying to find reviews on this room

Deck 8 is good -- 2 decks above you and below you of cabins and not public areas. Note that the "back" elevators are really more in the middle of the ship. It can seem like a long walk to the elevators if your cabin is near the back of the ship. Also, elevators on this ship are slower and more full than other ships we've taken -- because there are more passengers but the same elevator space as the voyager class. Plus, the liberty has been refurbished with more cabins added, making even more passengers. I do wish RCI could find a way to add more elevators. It's really not a bad walk up 3 flights of stairs to deck 11 (the buffet and pool) or down 3 flights to deck 5 (the royal promenade) -- the distance between the cabin floors is smaller than between public area floors.

Deck 8 is good -- 2 decks above you and below you of cabins and not public areas. Note that the "back" elevators are really more in the middle of the ship. It can seem like a long walk to the elevators if your cabin is near the back of the ship. Also, elevators on this ship are slower and more full than other ships we've taken -- because there are more passengers but the same elevator space as the voyager class. Plus, the liberty has been refurbished with more cabins added, making even more passengers. I do wish RCI could find a way to add more elevators. It's really not a bad walk up 3 flights of stairs to deck 11 (the buffet and pool) or down 3 flights to deck 5 (the royal promenade) -- the distance between the cabin floors is smaller than between public area floors.

Thank You. With all of the eating on board we can do with using the stairs to get where we want :) I am just hoping that there is no sea sickness

Thank You. With all of the eating on board we can do with using the stairs to get where we want :) I am just hoping that there is no sea sickness

My TA had recommended aft on our first cruise to avoid sea sickness , not sure how much of that is true .

Great observation, I would say bit the bullet if I felt I HAD to book an old ship like Majesty or pay the crazy money to be one of the first on any of the new ships but Liberty is a solid choice,

enjoy!

Hi--- by biting the bullet I meant have have no idea what to expect. My only other cruise was on the Carnival Liberty and we had a balcony. It was too hot to sit in the balcony or by the pool areas but I am hoping December will be a good time to lounge by the pool. Plus, I did not have much of an idea about the Liberty of the Seas when I booked but saw some YT videos and it seems like a great ship!

Same here! We our going on our second liberty cruise in November.... last cruise we literally only used the elevators a few times....first and last day and formal nights. Forced workouts allow us to eat and drink with less guilt!!!

I thought the sailing was very smooth. We were inside when we left port and I had no idea the ship was moving. We took the stairs a good chunk of the time. We were on deck 9 so it was easy to get up to 11 and then down to 5. My son liked taking the stairs and would run from deck 3 where our dining was all the way up to 9 and beat the elevators for the most part.

... I am just hoping that there is no sea sickness

Sometimes the stomach sickness is due to overeating (especially the rich fatty foods), and/or dehydration.

Be sure to drink plenty of water and you'll probably be OK.

Enjoy your cruise.

We are leaving Oct22, 2017 on Liberty. Looking forward to it.

1st time on Liberty. Have been on lots of RCCL ship thou.

Phil

We will be disembarking Oct 22 from Liberty. I will be the one being dragged off, screaming “Nooooo! It can’t be over! Don’t make me get off!” LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sometimes the stomach sickness is due to overeating (especially the rich fatty foods), and/or dehydration.

Be sure to drink plenty of water and you'll probably be OK.

Enjoy your cruise.

Sometimes getting out of the ship channel and into the Gulf can be rocky but I've gone out of Galveston many times and it has only happened once......