Above and below your cabin.

amajaa

Hi, I know there is a site out there somewhere that you put your cabin number in and it tells you what is above, below and next to etc and also what the cabin is like but I can't find it. Any one know please?

Someone posted it a while back and I kept it but must have deleted it by mistake.

Yes I know and is what I have always looked at, but this site actually gave a little write up about it as well.

Fair enough and yes, there is a website that does describe some of the staterooms - I can't remember the name of it either! - but also on CC some of the reviews also review staterooms.............

A deck plan will show what is above and below any cabin. Ideally get a pdf version so you can see more than one deck above/below in case an entertainment venue is below or a lido chairs area above. Irrespective of scale, lifts always align up so you can measure ahead or behind those. I prefer to have a known thing above such as a thermal suite etc. White space could be anything so I avoid those. Most important is book Select fare, select your cabin and say "No to upgrades".

If you book guarantee or saver fare you will be allocated a cabin so it's pointless to take a detailed analysis of where cabins are unless you are on a specific grade which is a rare type such as a "larger interior" for example. Consider tender ports if you choose P deck forward it could be noisy one morning with a frightening clank of anchor chain.

Regards John

A deck plan will show what is above and below any cabin. Ideally get a pdf version so you can see more than one deck above/below in case an entertainment venue is below or a lido chairs area above. Irrespective of scale, lifts always align up so you can measure ahead or behind those. I prefer to have a known thing above such as a thermal suite etc. White space could be anything so I avoid those. Most important is book Select fare, select your cabin and say "No to upgrades".

If you book guarantee or saver fare you will be allocated a cabin so it's pointless to take a detailed analysis of where cabins are unless you are on a specific grade which is a rare type such as a "larger interior" for example. Consider tender ports if you choose P deck forward it could be noisy one morning with a frightening clank of anchor chain.

Regards John

Great advice John.

I always pick a cabin,

1 near midships and preferably D deck.

2 near a lift.

3 cabin above and below our cabin so minimal or no noise.

Graham.

Great advice John.

I always pick a cabin,

1 near midships and preferably D deck.

2 near a lift.

3 cabin above and below our cabin so minimal or no noise.

Graham.

We also always pay select fare aad tick no upgrades. I don't know the website the OP is referring to but I study the deck plans very carefully and also put the cabin number or deck we're considering into google.

I'm Sorry grapau but I always pick a cabin and I'd recommend the following factors which we take into consideration.:

1. Near the aft or at the aft for fabulous views

2. On the deck that has the biggest balconies

3. Near a lift

4. Cabin above and below

5. Opposite a cabin rather than a big white space or the laundrette

We also always pay select fare aad tick no upgrades. I don't know the website the OP is referring to but I study the deck plans very carefully and also put the cabin number or deck we're considering into google.

I'm Sorry grapau but I always pick a cabin and I'd recommend the following factors which we take into consideration.:

1. Near the aft or at the aft for fabulous views

2. On the deck that has the biggest balconies

3. Near a lift

4. Cabin above and below

5. Opposite a cabin rather than a big white space or the laundrette

Personal choice,we go for superior deluxe balcony cabins which have big balconies or if no SDB we still pick a cabin and always the cabin number and never request upgrades.

I always do Select because we like Freedom dining.

I always think the aft cabins you feel more vibration and noise plus smoke from the funnel.