Princess Regal Dec 4th Review

HOTROD1

DH & I departed FLL Dec 4th. Arrived the day b4. Note to self - not only print off all your hotel and excursion info before u leave BUT take it with you. Also, left cruise luggage behind - NO issue.

4th cruise - 2nd Princess cruise & 1st on Regal.

We were in the cab pulling into Port Everglades at 11:44a - we were checked in and on board by 12:30p. It was easy and Staff attitude was very good.

We received an upgrade from R201 to B621. We really enjoyed the location of B621. Near laundry (no sound in room) and near stairs & elevators.

For me it's a very busy schedule - not a problem but I love sea days. 2 sea days & 4 port days (2 days with tenders).

I don't really like embarkation day due to crowds and trying to figure out where and what. Not only check in but the elevators. This was the easiest and quickest experience.

During a cruise we usually use the stairs for quick convenience. Unfortunately, I'm having movement issues so we had to use the elevators every time except some tenders. Elevators were NEVER a problem. Quick and not crowed. A few flights of stairs for tenders - ok. It is what it is. I made it and people were very patience. Regal was tendered the farthest from shore (she's a big girl). Boy, I was worried a couple of times but staff and DH helped. Didn't look that windy but boy those tenders can buck.

Ports - enjoyed. Princess Caye (our 2nd time). This time there are "food trucks". First, included with cruise (no extra cost). Good variety and I didn't have to leave the beach. Jerk Chicken - OMG. Probably good any where but it was easy, quick and good. Jamaica - local beach - taxi $15 each way for both of us. Taxi's are van's - no problem. 4 groups and 15 peeps total. Good. For the love of everyone's sanity PLEASE know where you want to go and bring cash. Oh yea, as the price BEFORE you get on. Ugg, that made me crazy. However, the driver was far more patience than I was. Good story for Grandkids I don't have. Lots of pot selling. You don't want just tell them no. No problem. Not the cleanest area we say but not a problem. However, the locals were so friendly. Yes, even those not selling funny cigarettes. Cayman - Ok we rented (on our own) a jet ski. We have one so no problem. Again, story for the non Grandkids for a variety of reasons. My husband kept saying "you wanted an adventure" and finally said "I lied". There is a better way to jet ski take a guided tour. We did not. Oh my. We went to Stingray City. Wow. Very shallow and warm water (I'm a Texas wimp). So many rays. From there Rum Point - nice beach club. No entry fee. Looked like folks were having fun - I know we did if as short of time. Starfish point. Didn't work for us but others said it was good (they went on tour boat). Back for pick up, jaggy jig. Nice port - lot of shops. Bought a few things. Cayman very clean but not the most friendly place I've ever been. The contrast between and Cayman and Jamaica surprised me. I'd go back to both for different reasons. Cozumel - went to a local beach. All good.

On ship - Lovely. Cruise day - excursion desk opens at 2p. Easy to get around. After a couple of hours I had it and I can get lost in our state. Note to self - If you want to go to a specialty restaurant on the last night (it's our thing) book early. We didn't and all booked up. We had plans to check out a few night shows. We never made one. Back on ship we layer down and were out.

Food - Pizza by pool area - OMG. Such a variety and combo's. Tuna? Doesn't sound good to me and I ate it up. Many good choices. Other options on pool deck area - ice cream, burgers and goodies. Only tried fries from those and they were crazy good. Buffet - I loved it. You can have as much or little of everything. I think they did a good job changing things up. Some items you could count on but there was plenty new to try. There was a chocolate night - saw it but didn't try. Desserts - I kept checking it out but nothing rang my bell (I'm not a huge dessert pirate). Chocolate cookies I snagged many one night. They were just ok but I finished most of them. They did have gluten and sugar free desserts. Thought that was cool.

Dismemberment - Oh so easy and quick. Lots of taxi's to get us to the airport. $15 total for 2.

Note on some comments I read prior and during cruise:

* BE Balcony - cabin -

1/ hair dryer hardwired In drawer in "sitting room" next to mirror.

2/ hubby had to figure it out for me for temp. couldn't figure to get good temp

3/ Remember your sneakers (helps with the tenders) - flip flops didn't work well for me.

4/ Specialty restaurants - 2 couples mentioned "small portions". Don't know what that means but I'm not a foodie.

5/ Buffet - Hubby is a foodie - he ate lots of pizza and buffet. One night we were walking out of buffet after eating and he said "that" looked good. I have to try it. After word he said 'Oh I'm so full". That's all about a cruise.

6/ Sanctuary - Before boarding I thought oh I have to do it but posts were discouraging to me. Note to self - check when you cruise what are the school schedules. We went Dec 4. I made it my mission to count kids. I made it to 21 kids total on a ship that holds 3500 +. So it would have been a waste of money for me. Plus we had 2 days of rainy weather. No problem. Hubby and I had a massage booked (lovely lady. It was good but really costly and I can get so much more on a beach or home). Pouring rain and I sat in the hot tub at pool for 3 hours. Ohh baby, sanctuary - I went up there for massage. Wrong info but it was soooo windy that I asked a gentlemen to help me walk. We are now able to travel non Kid holiday which saves us lots of money.

7/ Drink package - If you are interested check into it the first day. Even with so many days in port Hubby thought about it.

I've told friends a bad day on a cruise (vacation) is better than a good day at work.

Thanks for reading. Happy cruising.

• 1 month later...