Formal nite dress code for women

ToriaT

I am going on a European cruise on the Carribean Princess in June. I want to avoid bringing too many clothes so trying to figure out what to wear on formal nights. I plan on wearing some long flowy black pants and sparkly or silky tops and jewelry with a pair of nice black flat-ish sandals. Other pieces I have are chiffon vests or tops that look like they are hand painted which I would wear over a solid top with a sparkly necklace and earrings. I don't want to wear skirts or dresses, cocktail dresses, gowns or the like. I don't wear jeans or shorts so those don't even figure into the equation. Please advise if this is okay.

I am going on a European cruise on the Carribean Princess in June. I want to avoid bringing too many clothes so trying to figure out what to wear on formal nights. I plan on wearing some long flowy black pants and sparkly or silky tops and jewelry with a pair of nice black flat-ish sandals. Other pieces I have are chiffon vests or tops that look like they are hand painted which I would wear over a solid top with a sparkly necklace and earrings. I don't want to wear skirts or dresses, cocktail dresses, gowns or the like. I don't wear jeans or shorts so those don't even figure into the equation. Please advise if this is okay.

You will be fine.

Don't know how many formal nights you have, but you must have more luggage allowed on your flight than I had. I have resorted to taking one "little black dress" with different accessories, but the last cruise I couldn't even get that in because it was a cold weather trip.

The items you listed are fine, but no one remembers what you wear but you.

What you've described is (as noted in the other responses) fine.

If you're flying or just want to keep it down to one suitcase, just bring one or 2 outfits. It works great if everything is Mix N' Match. I usually pack clothes that are all in the same color range including anything I wear for formal night.

Our longest cruise to date was 43 days and we had one largish suitcase, a medium suitcase and a carry-on (that was for 2 of us). If I left all the "just in case" stuff at home (medical type supplies, alarm clock, over the door hanger, snorkel gear, etc.), I could have skipped the medium suitcase.

You are good to go.