1st Time on Princess

pisces68

Hello, we're looking into our 1st cruise to Alaska on Princess Coral for May 2018. I admit I know nothing of Princess but have heard wonderful things. I am looking into a mini suite or possible suite since there will be 3 of us in the cabin. I've heard some balconys do not have and overhang/privacy. Can anyone please tell me what deck to avoid for this and what there favorite cabins/decks might be? Thank you in advance.

A Caribe deck suite or mini suite would be perfect. That deck has larger balconies and are half sun/shade. You have made a perfect pick for an Alaskan cruise! Coral was our first Alaskan cruise too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any preference to fwd or aft? I usually stay midship while in the Caribbean since I am concerned about seasickness. I've heard mixed reviews of choppy seas but mostly out of Seattle. We're thinking about a Vancouver to Anchorage. Has anyone done that?

We've done the Vancouver to Anchorage cruise a number of times, and by the way, Coral is one of our favorite ships. I suggest a mini-suite if you don't want to spend the $$ going the full suite route. As far as rough seas, usually the inside passage is pretty calm, and we've had pretty smooth sailing most of the time up there, but it can get rough, especially when crossing after Skagway going to Anchorage. I would go slightly aft on the Coral, rather than mid-ship.

Any preference to fwd or aft? I usually stay midship while in the Caribbean since I am concerned about seasickness. I've heard mixed reviews of choppy seas but mostly out of Seattle. We're thinking about a Vancouver to Anchorage. Has anyone done that?

I would still prefer the midship cabin. Going to the topmost open deck while sailing on the bay gives a very nice 360 degree view.

If you want to spend the money, an aft suite is awesome in Alaska. We had 3, and had the perfect amount of room. My DH sometimes was outside at 10:45-11:00 pm watching for wildlife on the balcony. It was still light out, but he didn't have to travel to the upper decks. Ordering room service and sitting on the balcony was nice too. As are all the other perks that come with a suite.

Edited by CATGUY7
Grammar