Who at HAL do I contact for onboard billing concerns?

Alberta Quilter

For our recent cruise, I had prebooked some specialty dining venues. Two Canaletto, one PG and one Sel de Mer. The first three were scheduled for the first segment of our Collector Cruise. We cancelled the first Canaletto while onboard. We cancelled late at night (the night before the reservation) by calling the Front Desk; there was no one manning the phone for Reservations that late at night. I was told that he opened up the Reservations and cancelled it for us. However, we never got the refund of the prepaid reservation. We did receive, for the first three specialty dining reservations, our 4 * mariner discount just a few days into the cruise. The SDM mariner discount came at the end of the second segment (after two requests). So, for the Canaletto reservation that we cancelled, we're still owed $15. I enquired at the Front Desk towards the end of the first segment of the cruise. I was told by two different staff members that the refund would go to my credit card. I checked when I got home and it did not. So, who do I have to call at HAL to get this looked into? Ship Services? I thought that was anything prior to the cruise.

Thanks for your help!

For our recent cruise, I had prebooked some specialty dining venues. Two Canaletto, one PG and one Sel de Mer. The first three were scheduled for the first segment of our Collector Cruise. We cancelled the first Canaletto while onboard. We cancelled late at night (the night before the reservation) by calling the Front Desk; there was no one manning the phone for Reservations that late at night. I was told that he opened up the Reservations and cancelled it for us. However, we never got the refund of the prepaid reservation. We did receive, for the first three specialty dining reservations, our 4 * mariner discount just a few days into the cruise. The SDM mariner discount came at the end of the second segment (after two requests). So, for the Canaletto reservation that we cancelled, we're still owed $15. I enquired at the Front Desk towards the end of the first segment of the cruise. I was told by two different staff members that the refund would go to my credit card. I checked when I got home and it did not. So, who do I have to call at HAL to get this looked into? Ship Services? I thought that was anything prior to the cruise.

Thanks for your help!

You're right. Ships Services if for before the cruise - not after.

In the 'contact' section of the HAL site, there's email.

If you choose that option, there's a place to scroll down with what it is regarding and there is a category for after your cruise.

Response times are reasonable when you compare it to other items that HAL responds to ;)

Hope this helps

We had a billing problem one time -- extra charges for mini bar that we didn't use.

I called Ship Services -- told them my problem and asked if they could switch me over to billing. They did -- told billing my problem and taken care of right away.

Strange that the front desk would tell you that it would be credited back to your credit card. Anything cancelled on a cruise turns into shipboard credit. Then if there is anything left of the shipboard credit it is credited back to your credit card.

We had a billing problem one time -- extra charges for mini bar that we didn't use.

I called Ship Services -- told them my problem and asked if they could switch me over to billing. They did -- told billing my problem and taken care of right away.

Strange that the front desk would tell you that it would be credited back to your credit card. Anything cancelled on a cruise turns into shipboard credit. Then if there is anything left of the shipboard credit it is credited back to your credit card.

Exactly :)

You're right. Ships Services if for before the cruise - not after.

[[/quoe]

Ship's Coordinator for help after the cruise?

Kazu

In the 'contact' section of the HAL site, there's email.

If you choose that option, there's a place to scroll down with what it is regarding and there is a category for after your cruise.

Response times are reasonable when you compare it to other items that HAL responds to ;)

Hope this help

I was on the Prinsendam. Yes, I thought it was odd that they would put the credit to my credit card. They said that they could see that I had a reservation but couldn't see how much I paid. But then why could they credit the Mariner discount? It didn't make sense to me. But then, much of HAL's onboard accounting hasn't made sense to me for years, since they paid me to do our laundry!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'll call them tomorrow.