Boarding Allure

AbeFroman2

Apologies for the new thread but the search function was not helping.

Did all of our online check-in with TA awhile ago, and she had mentioned boarding at after 12:30 p.m. Was a hectic day and did not think much of it, but it occurred to me over the last few days that, unlike Anthem where we had a set window, the Allure must just be a boarding free-for-all?

Is that true, or was my TA mistaken? Thanks in advance! We're flying in from the chilly north to Port Everglades for the first time, so this is new to us as usual Bayonne cruisers.

Apologies for the new thread but the search function was not helping.

Did all of our online check-in with TA awhile ago, and she had mentioned boarding at after 12:30 p.m. Was a hectic day and did not think much of it, but it occurred to me over the last few days that, unlike Anthem where we had a set window, the Allure must just be a boarding free-for-all?

Is that true, or was my TA mistaken? Thanks in advance! We're flying in from the chilly north to Port Everglades for the first time, so this is new to us as usual Bayonne cruisers.

You may go to the pier as early as 10:30 and get in. Check in will be quick. Boarding won't have started yet, but it won't be long. So you sit down in the lovely chairs and wait until your C&A status group is announced.

Bon Voyage!

You may go to the pier as early as 10:30 and get in. Check in will be quick. Boarding won't have started yet, but it won't be long. So you sit down in the lovely chairs and wait until your C&A status group is announced.

Bon Voyage!

Check-in was a mess on Feb 4 in terminal 18. No one was monitoring who was getting in which lines and it was as free for all. I never experienced that in terminal 18 before.

Check-in was a mess on Feb 4 in terminal 18. No one was monitoring who was getting in which lines and it was as free for all. I never experienced that in terminal 18 before.

Sorry to hear! Guess we can only hope for a better experience. What time of day was that? Thanks!

RCI doesn't have set boarding times. If you arrive at port around 11am, boarding will have started and you will be processed quickly. If you get there too early, anyone with "priority" will cause you to have to wait. 11am is a good time to avoid that.

We had set boarding times for Anthem and we also have set boarding times for Allure (our cruise in a few weeks).But I believe that we can arrive sooner or later. We will board around 12/12.30 because we want to stay later in Fort Lauderdale ;)

Allure has set boarding times. When you complete your set sail pass, there will be a time you can choose to arrive. You will also get an email, which I just did stating what time to arrive.

You do know that the time is just a suggestion, right?

Oh, wow, on Feb 4 around noon we walked right through, just a couple minutes stop at the counter to fill out the health forms. We didn't need pictures taken because we had submitted them on line. They already had our credit card information. And our pass/sail cards were waiting for us at the cabin, one inside and one sealed in envelope and taped to the outside of the door. So easy peasy.

We did use the Diamond access line but it didn't look particularly crowded in the other lines.

We had read here that the embarkation times were suggested guidelines. And really, they wouldn't make sense otherwise. We landed at FLL at 11:30am, got our luggage, taxied to the port, gave our bags to the porters, and by noon we were sitting outside the Park Cafe eating a sandwich. We were so impressed.