Norwegian Epic facilities questions

nellydean

Hi,

I am from the UK and will be sailing with NCL for the first time next week, on the Epic, and have some questions I hope someone who has cruised on her can answer:

1/ Do the electric sockets in the cabin need US adaptors, or, European?

2/ Is there a kettle for tea/coffee-making in the cabin (we are in a balcony)?

3/ Is there an ironing room onboard, or does all laundry have to be sent away?

Many thanks.

There are both US and European sockets on the Epic.

There is a coffee maker in balcony rooms.

No irons are allowed to be taken onboard, so no ironing boards. Laundry comes back pressed. I have a feeling you may be able to ask for facilities to be able to iron, but may be wrong with that one.

Hi,

I am from the UK and will be sailing with NCL for the first time next week, on the Epic, and have some questions I hope someone who has cruised on her can answer:

1/ Do the electric sockets in the cabin need US adaptors, or, European? You'll find both (one of each).

I know deluxe balconies have a set beneath the counter where the phone is attached as well as the set under the desk.

2/ Is there a kettle for tea/coffee-making in the cabin (we are in a balcony)?

There is a single cup brewer in balconies and deluxe balconies in which water may be heated.

3/ Is there an ironing room onboard, or does all laundry have to be sent away?

No designated area for ironing; however, you may request a set for a short period of time. Laundry must be sent out. There will be a laundry special one day (at least). I've also seen ironing specials offered on some ships but don't recall Epic, specifically.

Many thanks.

The Haven area has different coffee machines.

Nexus 9 on Tapatalk Pro

I'm pretty sure the sockets need US adaptors

no kettle-coffee maker provided in balconies

no iron or board in room but is you ask your cabin steward he will bring on a loan

the first night there is usually a special offer where they will press your most wrinkled clothes for a small fee

There are no self service laundry but there will be a laundry special some time during the cruise where you fill a paper bag for something like $25 for wash and press-you can fit a lot in if you roll your clothes

n

There are both US and European sockets on the Epic.

There is a coffee maker in balcony rooms.

No irons are allowed to be taken onboard, so no ironing boards. Laundry comes back pressed. I have a feeling you may be able to ask for facilities to be able to iron, but may be wrong with that one.

You're not wrong. The steward will bring a board and iron, iron fast as he they come quickly to take it to the next person.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Both US and EU plugs

There is a filter coffee machine in the cabin, (it's not nice)

It's okay to boil the water in if you have your own tea bags.

You can ring housekeeping from your cabin and ask for an iron and iron board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for all the replies - not a coffee drinker myself, so no kettle is a disappointment! However, do you think I could boil up the water in the coffee maker if I bring my own teabags? Or would it taste of coffee?!

I will make enquiries about borrowing an iron and board, as I prefer to iron my own clothes.

We must of posted at the same time [emoji4],

Yes we used the machine without the coffee in, we put the teabags in the jug and let the hot water drip through to the jug, then poured into the cups [emoji4]

We're doing our first Norwegian trip this summer.

I'm guessing you could order hot water with breakfast room service for your own tea. I'm planning on bringing a thermal travel mug and getting coffee and/or tea from Garden cafe so that might be another option.

Happy sailing!

Both US and EU plugs

Totally agree---one of the less than stellar upgrades from drydock. I'm sure they drawn less electricity. They are probably safer, all around.

Nexus 9 on Tapatalk Pro

We must of posted at the same time [emoji4],

Yes we used the machine without the coffee in, we put the teabags in the jug and let the hot water drip through to the jug, then poured into the cups [emoji4]

Sound an awful long time to wait for a cuppa, ha ha :D

Both US and EU plugs

It's okay to boil the water in if you have your own tea bags.

You can ring housekeeping from your cabin and ask for an iron and iron board.

EU or UK?

We're doing our first Norwegian trip this summer.

I'm guessing you could order hot water with breakfast room service for your own tea. I'm planning on bringing a thermal travel mug and getting coffee and/or tea from Garden cafe so that might be another option.

Happy sailing!

This is a good idea! I'll probably bring my own tea bags as well, but find coffee maker water tastes like coffee so I'll be on the hunt for hot water

I've never found a coffee pot that didn't make the hot water taste like nasty coffee. I've read on here about some other people who bring white vinegar on board to run through once or twice and make it more tolerable.