Diamond Perks

Anyone know what Diamond member perks are onboard? Wondered about drinks as I know as a DP, I get 3 loaded each night. One of our companions is a first timer, so we won't be going to the lounge, so trying to figure up which perks we get? Thanks

Anyone know what Diamond member perks are onboard? Wondered about drinks as I know as a DP, I get 3 loaded each night. One of our companions is a first timer, so we won't be going to the lounge, so trying to figure up which perks we get? Thanks

Diamond members get access to the Diamond Lounge, with 24 hour free specialty coffee, continental breakfast in the morning, and unlimited beverages (soda, selected beers and wines, basic mixed drinks) during the 3.5 hour cocktail period in the evening. In addition, they get 3 drink vouchers to be used at any bar during the same cocktail period in the evening.

Anyone know what Diamond member perks are onboard?

In addition to the Diamond Lounge (or 3 drink alternate), here were the Diamond perks on our Harmony cruise earlier this month. We were quite underwhelmed.

LTtBcLUrOzalpkpE535A1pROX7X2HSavRCmXvNkeCxFss7a6_LCs9_acdhLixxeMKdVuEaPKmNE0ZuxcdGYhbVhdILw9bX_SczxFfRsLmi7Cxquc4h10b6z3afb5EeEBa5Z_4V2PfErZYTJ4IK7cLAjaDkG6XE42T0rzHrvHZpQofQa68Txe7ymUYmqEj9Gzzsv39WiWpWjfthMVgn3PvKLf1LpJ2uzADNib8ZqPPRg-HnNaUyQizqWoYEm3NM5_qYy9mxLx3hcHaminwj4RtcI0MYjck9m6m53MaqS8WuQfM5hrKsD1oP5k5lVvTbN1lfn39ln2s3EHWBzK3pdpt_OfUt9UiyTDQ3OWsMEhegMVyi3g0-HHVDHHJ94YqArErsdwQBwwaR7jLw5XmcDo3hem27AqFSeuE4qfM6xrxzMhYvvZTJfmKLmRBY-6s77PKFKPssrcJe5bFmlCez--hUHpmwk5enJFoC5GqcMRBub0JII3gwPLT6slnvViv5FfDHa7fM2y90Hd-zxLrEUJKRLMuyurR-W7dJuW1iAsgWu1XNPEs5gHp5olZ6gLRudeXrFm9DD9Gaqj20zCoWg7mhWL0QE9fE3QUdvrcldtO0pZamD7CZw_9F27Bo6t_9gcH2yMqeTZMMnaZQAzk08ulX-fNStD3_Xtyg=w1095-h669-no

NP4cf1xlr7h31Q5j1

In addition to the Diamond Lounge (or 3 drink alternate), here were the Diamond perks on our Harmony cruise earlier this month. We were quite underwhelmed.

LTtBcLUrOzalpkpE535A1pROX7X2HSavRCmXvNkeCxFss7a6_LCs9_acdhLixxeMKdVuEaPKmNE0ZuxcdGYhbVhdILw9bX_SczxFfRsLmi7Cxquc4h10b6z3afb5EeEBa5Z_4V2PfErZYTJ4IK7cLAjaDkG6XE42T0rzHrvHZpQofQa68Txe7ymUYmqEj9Gzzsv39WiWpWjfthMVgn3PvKLf1LpJ2uzADNib8ZqPPRg-HnNaUyQizqWoYEm3NM5_qYy9mxLx3hcHaminwj4RtcI0MYjck9m6m53MaqS8WuQfM5hrKsD1oP5k5lVvTbN1lfn39ln2s3EHWBzK3pdpt_OfUt9UiyTDQ3OWsMEhegMVyi3g0-HHVDHHJ94YqArErsdwQBwwaR7jLw5XmcDo3hem27AqFSeuE4qfM6xrxzMhYvvZTJfmKLmRBY-6s77PKFKPssrcJe5bFmlCez--hUHpmwk5enJFoC5GqcMRBub0JII3gwPLT6slnvViv5FfDHa7fM2y90Hd-zxLrEUJKRLMuyurR-W7dJuW1iAsgWu1XNPEs5gHp5olZ6gLRudeXrFm9DD9Gaqj20zCoWg7mhWL0QE9fE3QUdvrcldtO0pZamD7CZw_9F27Bo6t_9gcH2yMqeTZMMnaZQAzk08ulX-fNStD3_Xtyg=w1095-h669-no

NP4cf1xlr7h31Q5j1

well, opinions vary. We appriciate the perks.

We have always appreciated the free internet. As D+, we now get more internet than the D’s, but we liked the internet freebie when were D’s.

We also like picking out our free photos on each cruise. We now have lots of pics for ourselves or to share. Heck, if we were not getting freebies, we probably would avoid posing.

We do the spin to win. No big deal, but DH has taken home two or three free t-shirts over the years.

We sometimes use the BOGO drink offer; it is a nice way to try a couple glass of upscale wine.

Not sure what you were expecting - those have been the standard D perks for quite some time.

I had no expectations. And whether these perks have been standard for quite some time or debuted that morning is irrelevant to my opinion that they are underwhelming.

I had no expectations. And whether these perks have been standard for quite some time or debuted that morning is irrelevant to my opinion that they are underwhelming.

Not sure what you were expecting, but those items are pretty much superior to what any other lines do for their loyalty programs.

We don't use them all, but do like the photo $20, bogo on beer/wine $8+, spa discount $20+, shop discount $10, spin to win ;), internet $22, 3 free drinks $30 * 7 = $210, DL/CL access (priceless).

That's potentially $600 for a couple :D

Yes, but we lost that years ago.

It was also part of an actual coupon book that was given out by travel agents. They expired last December.

There was also a $5 match play that was only good on roulette in that booklet.

Looked very similar to the old C&A coupon books

Not sure what you were expecting, but those items are pretty much superior to what any other lines do for their loyalty programs.

We don't use them all, but do like the photo $20, bogo on beer/wine $8+, spa discount $20+, shop discount $10, spin to win ;), internet $22, 3 free drinks $30 * 7 = $210, DL/CL access (priceless).

That's potentially $600 for a couple :D

Again, I had no expectations, although the perks on Celebrity are better.

Happy they work for you, but for those of us who already have an alcohol and internet package, these are, in my opinion, particularly underwhelming. 😶

Happy they work for you, but for those of us who already have an alcohol and internet package, these are, in my opinion, particularly underwhelming. [emoji55]

So what makes it better on Celebrity?

Particularly the Elite level. Pretty sure that is similar to Diamond.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Happy they work for you, but for those of us who already have an alcohol and internet package, these are, in my opinion, particularly underwhelming. 😶

I have to agree with RadioPeri. Celebrity also throws in a free bag of laundery, free pressing, a free gelato--worth me to me than a free drink but that is me--and they do their evening cocktail hour is a very spacious lounge up in the sky. Great views, rarely crowded and a nice ambience.

I have to agree with RadioPeri. Celebrity also throws in a free bag of laundery, free pressing, a free gelato--worth me to me than a free drink but that is me--and they do their evening cocktail hour is a very spacious lounge up in the sky. Great views, rarely crowded and a nice ambience.
SL on Oasis is very nice

Thanks, Mr. Click, you beat me to it. For us (again, already having drinks and internet packages), the Elite perks on Celebrity are far nicer, especially the laundry and pressing. I didn't save the sheet from our last cruise, but there are also far fewer percent off or buy this/get that, and more actual gifts on Celebrity.

Here's a link to Elite benefits, which obviously also include benefits from the tiers below.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/membership/captains-club-tier-elite#captains_club_tier_elite/captains-club/membership/captains-club-tier-elite?subtab=true

Obviously, ANY perks are nice, but many of Royal's Diamond benefits strike me as more petty than generous, requiring me to spend a good bit of money before they kick in.

Thanks, Mr. Click, you beat me to it. For us (again, already having drinks and internet packages), the Elite perks on Celebrity are far nicer...

Obviously, ANY perks are nice, but many of Royal's Diamond benefits strike me as more petty than generous, requiring me to spend a good bit of money before they kick in.

Speaking of spending a good bit of money, purchasing the drink and internet packages would qualify in my book. And in doing so, some nice D perks do become superfluous.

I adore both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean, and I greatly appreciate both loyalty programs. The loyalty programs differ, and, while one clearly suits you better, both are great loyalty programs. As corporate sisters, their goal is not so much to compete against one another, but to each draw an appropriate segment of cruisers. And to outcompete other cruise corporations...in my opinion both the above programs are better than competing cruise lines. No doubt other cruisers on other lines will have differing opinions.

Thanks, Mr. Click, you beat me to it. For us (again, already having drinks and internet packages), the Elite perks on Celebrity are far nicer, especially the laundry and pressing. I didn't save the sheet from our last cruise, but there are also far fewer percent off or buy this/get that, and more actual gifts on Celebrity.

Here's a link to Elite benefits, which obviously also include benefits from the tiers below.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/membership/captains-club-tier-elite#captains_club_tier_elite/captains-club/membership/captains-club-tier-elite?subtab=true

I respectfully disagree. Have fun at the wine seminar. :halo:

... Obviously, ANY perks are nice, but many of Royal's Diamond benefits strike me as more petty than generous, requiring me to spend a good bit of money before they kick in.

The Diamond balcony discount requires no purchase and can get you up to a $325 discount. Not a bad perk.

No balcony discount with Celebrity?

Unless this has changed since last fall, there is a “free” upgrade within certain cabin classes. For example, if you book an Aqua Class 1, the rate paid is for an Aqua Class 2.

If you were lucky, you may have a $ 100 reduction. And we had to request the discount!!!!