MAJESTIC PRINCESS - 24th August - Shanghai to Sydney

Hi Sandy...from another Sandy lol... yep, my brother is also forward in the Emerald deck obstructeds..we are a bit more midship but same deck...there is a great site for looking up your balcony view..I will see if I can post it here...see you onboard! cheers... Sandy n Dave :)

here we go.....shows most balconies....scroll down...

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

LOL, thanks Sandy for this site. Fabulous. :D:Dclear.png?emoji-grin-1677

That is the one Sandy..Site is: Renmar Princess Obstructed View. For all Princess ships with obstructed views. Used it many times. Invaluable resource for Princess Cruisers.

Thanks Uncle Les. It's nice to see what the obstructed cabins are like. I wouldn't call ours obstructed, really. Only a filled in metal railing!

Great reading your posts, CheznAndy. Wanted to ask you about the Meet & Greet you had. I see it was in the Vista Lounge. How many did you originally have and how many turned up and do you know if the Captain and/or staff were invited. This info is for the M&G that I am organising on our cruise from the 15th Sept. We have over 84 registered and they have set aside the Conservatory for us. I also have invites for the Captain and/or staff together with the CD if any of them wish to come. Also how was the Cabin Crawl I heard you mention? Sorry for all the questions but time is getting close for us and you are experiencing the new ship right now. Thanks.;p:cool:

y

I'll add to what Chez will answer. Since I organized the last M&G on the Majestic before her "turn over" to China. Ours was in the Allegro Dining, the same location as Chez posted for theirs.

The Conservatory will be a much better location. We had over 100 sign ups and about 40 showed. We had 9 officers including the CD. At our location drinks nor snacks were available/ provided. The CD brought a portable mic and arrived first all the senior officers came as a group and then the CD introduced them...Captain Craig Street choose not to speak, he and staff just mingled for about 40 minutes.

BTW in my invites, have always mentioned how many CC members have signed up...For example:

Over 100 Cruise Critic members on the June 18th sailing, request your presence...........also have never addressed the invites to individual staff, let the contact on board decide who to invite...

Edited by land lover

We had a fabulous day in Nha Trang, blue skies and no sign of the thunderstorms that were predicted.

A group of us had booked a tour with Jeep it Up, we had a convoy of 5 jeeps, doing their Country side tour, $50USD each for three in a Jeep, $60 for two.

A stop for* Vietnamese coffee and lunch in a restaurant included a beer, what more could we want on a sunny hot day.

The jeeps are ex " American" war jeeps, as it is called here in Vietnam. Ours was a 1970 vintage. We all had a great time and the drivers were great guides.

Andy and I have travelled extensively in Vietnam, our favourite country and love coming back, even if only a day. Highly recommend the company.

Back on board we dumped our gear in the cabin and headed for the Hollywood pool, where lots had the same idea, then enjoyed drinks on our balcony as we sailed away from lovely Nha Trang, our only tender port.

We watched the Panthers Storm NRL game on our cabin TV, yay my Panthers had a win.

Looks like we will get all the games on TV.

Watched a show after dinner, bedtime for another port day tomorrow, Phu My.

Correction the the cost of harmony restaurant, it is $35, $29 for lunch.

Someone asked re our Meet n Greet, ours was in Allegro restaurant.

Not much seating in the Conservatory area for a Meet n Greet.

Not sure how many attended ours, maybe 60 out of 90?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

For Chez....are their plenty of Elites on board, any numbers? Most Travelled pax been announced yet?

Re the Princess Theatre on the 'Royal Class Ships.' Yes, you need to get in there an hour before the big shows to get a good seat !. We experienced that on Royal Princess in June. Good to see there are 3 'Buddy Holly Shows', gives a few more a chance to see the show. 800 seat Theatre x 3 shows = 2400 pax, ship carrying 3500 pax. Better than two shows only, as is the norm.

Continue to enjoy your adventure.:cool:

Elsie yes, i got your email, just not replying due to internet minutes used up, so replying on here to any questions. They will make you any drink onboard so you will be fine with a long island ice tea.

Hi cheznandy,

Does Princess still offer the same number of free internet minutes to the elite passengers or have these plans changed?

We were last on a Princess ship in January 2018.

Tania

Another great day in Vietnam. I had booked a tour with Alpha travel for Vung Tau, there were 33 from our Rollcall.

We arrived at Phu My at 7am, Captain did a 3 point turn, so our portside cabin was dockside.

A quick breakfast and we all met up at Vines Wine bar and walked off together......gotta love when everyone turns up and on time.

As a surprise, the guides took us to Long Tan memorial to visit the cross first up, it wasnt on our itinerary as i had booked a half day city tour. I think most on our tour had not been there before so were happy.

A few more stops and then lunch at a seafood restaurant on the water with beers.....then a coffee stop for Vietnamese coffee......or beer.

Our last stop was the Long house and the ladies there had set out tea and ginger, pineapole and banana jam, yum!! You can see the theme of the day was food and beer!!

The company supplied all food , drinks, a gift of a hat, entrance fees all for the cost of $50 USD, we departed at 8.30am and returned at 4pm, so great value!

Small markets were set up on the dock for people to get rid of their dong!

Back onboard for a swim and sailaway.

Captain announced that we would be late leaving as a passenger was being picked up by ambulance. We watched from our balcony as the the ship pulled away and the ambulancec with passenger went out the port gates. A really sad thing to see.

Enjoyed our balcony with drinks listening to Jimmy Buffet on our Ipod and portable speaker watching the lightening light up the sky as we sailed down the river, amazed at all the container ships lit up like xmas.

Dinner, then drinks in the Conservatory which they had advertised as having music tonight.

Speaking to a barman he stated that they are trying it out as they need more bars for when the ship is in Australia, interesting to see what happens. He said the ship does not have enough bars.....hey, we all new that. But to be honest, for this cruise and age group, there are plenty.

Seaday tomorrow, then Singapore.

Re restaurants, I spoke with people who booked online before leaving and the prices were $29, $35 etc, so more expensive to book onboard, but you can use you OBC.

Mic, we didnt find the jeeps bumpy, we only went off road into a rice paddy/farm, we were on sealed roads all the way.

If you have knee or back trouble, sit in the front, I got in the back but couldn't get out haha, one knee doesnt bend well, but if you sit on your bum and shuffle out it was ok. We all managed ok with a few different ailments!!!

Les, will find out numbers at the Captains circle party, but more than half are Elite for sure.

Re internet minutes, we have 500 each for this 22 night cruise.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update,

Getting to the Long Tan memorial would have been a highlight, especially in light of the tensions in recent years.

Thanks for the info on the jeeps, sounds like it may be an option for when we visit there.

Hope you have a great sea day and enjoy Singapore the day after.

Mic.:)

A friend of ours on this cruise called today from Singapore and said it’s only so-so. Will have to chat in length when they get back. We are on the Brisbane to HK and I can’t say I’m all that excited about going on the Majestic.

A friend of ours on this cruise called today from Singapore and said it’s only so-so. Will have to chat in length when they get back. We are on the Brisbane to HK and I can’t say I’m all that excited about going on the Majestic.

Hi guys...we will report back to you also, I'm sure it will be up to standards..lol.... cheers S&D:):)

Hi guys...we will report back to you also, I'm sure it will be up to standards..lol.... cheers S&D:):)

I would expect only that from a ex Batemans Bay citizen, Sandy, lol. The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.:halo::hearteyes: