MAJESTIC PRINCESS - 24th August - Shanghai to Sydney

Update.....good news, Captain announced passenger is in the medical centre here, we are making a detour to Surabya, sorry re spelling, where we will anchore and the patient will be offloaded, then full steam ahead to Darwin.

So all ok, pheww!!

Our theory was correct, and we thought if he was still with us we would detour.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Good news for him and his wife.

We are still sitting here at sea, not at anchor apparently but stationary, been here since about 2.30pm.

Waiting for the pickup boat.......it's eery, foggy and misty, we are surrounded by tankers and fishing boats. Can't see any land, not sure what is happening???

We are still sitting here at sea, not at anchor apparently but stationary, been here since about 2.30pm.

Waiting for the pickup boat.......it's eery, foggy and misty, we are surrounded by tankers and fishing boats. Can't see any land, not sure what is happening???

Hopefully they will have them off loaded and getting to medical services on land soon.

We were up early this morning after a sleepless night, so went for a walk up to the Conservatory for tea and sat in a pod and watched the sunrise at the front of the ship.

Seriously, all the private cabanas were taken, i am sure people had slept in them all night, its 6.30am in the morning guys!!!

We walked the upper deck which goes through the basketball court, its really good for a walk up there, bit windy today, but no stairs and no dodging sun lounges, which by the way are not being used this cruise, everyone sits inside the Piazza drinking tea and coffee all day!!!

Noticed a new smoking area, aft portside, just outside the kids club......go figure?

They had chairs set out and ashtrays and tea/ coffee station. The worker there said it was new today, no one had found it yet, she said there was not enough room for the smokers.

It is an out of the way dead end area, probably better than outside the doors to the Hollywood pool club, but that one is still there too.

A late brekky in the buffet taken outside, such a great way to start the day, there is always a vacant table.

Captain announced at 12pm that we were making a deviation to our route to offload the ill passenger, so that was good news for everyone as the rumours began to abound!!

We skipped lunch, and at 2pm we had our cabin crawl that i had arranged on our rollcall.

We had a great attendance and had about 14 cabins of all categories.

We looked at a forward facing balcony, forward facing mini suite, inside, disabled balcony cabin, mini suite on portside, a couple of obstructed balconies on port and starboard with differing obstructions, three deluxe obstructed balconies on the hump with larger balconies ( these have no actual obstrucion, only looking down), a grand suite, a standard balcony cabin with an extra large balcony, and a premium deluxe aft balcony, although a premium price, it has no cover, soot problems and is overlooked by the Wakeview terrace above, actually all the aft cabins are looked down on from there. Not a good choice for me. If anyone wants any info on cabins just ask.

We all had a great afternoon and a group of us ended up spending the afternoon having drinks on the Wakeview terrace, eating platters of the most amazing cheeses and nuts and fruit that had been put out for dinner in the buffet.

We were still sitting still in the ocean waiting for the pickup, which happened at about 5.30pm.

We had dinner in the dining room, fabulous again and are having an early night.

Things are getting busy socially with lunch bookings with friends, another formal night tomorrow night, a Captains Circle party coming up, we want to try Harmony.......hopefully some NRL games, they have the AFL on the big screen tomorrow night so fingers crossed for Saturday.

We were up early this morning after a sleepless night, so went for a walk up to the Conservatory for tea and sat in a pod and watched the sunrise at the front of the ship.

Seriously, all the private cabanas were taken, i am sure people had slept in them all night, its 6.30am in the morning guys!!!

We walked the upper deck which goes through the basketball court, its really good for a walk up there, bit windy today, but no stairs and no dodging sun lounges, which by the way are not being used this cruise, everyone sits inside the Piazza drinking tea and coffee all day!!!

Noticed a new smoking area, aft portside, just outside the kids club......go figure?

They had chairs set out and ashtrays and tea/ coffee station. The worker there said it was new today, no one had found it yet, she said there was not enough room for the smokers.

It is an out of the way dead end area, probably better than outside the doors to the Hollywood pool club, but that one is still there too.

A late brekky in the buffet taken outside, such a great way to start the day, there is always a vacant table.

Captain announced at 12pm that we were making a deviation to our route to offload the ill passenger, so that was good news for everyone as the rumours began to abound!!

We skipped lunch, and at 2pm we had our cabin crawl that i had arranged on our rollcall.

We had a great attendance and had about 14 cabins of all categories.

We looked at a forward facing balcony, forward facing mini suite, inside, disabled balcony cabin, mini suite on portside, a couple of obstructed balconies on port and starboard with differing obstructions, three deluxe obstructed balconies on the hump with larger balconies ( these have no actual obstrucion, only looking down), a grand suite, a standard balcony cabin with an extra large balcony, and a premium deluxe aft balcony, although a premium price, it has no cover, soot problems and is overlooked by the Wakeview terrace above, actually all the aft cabins are looked down on from there. Not a good choice for me. If anyone wants any info on cabins just ask.

We all had a great afternoon and a group of us ended up spending the afternoon having drinks on the Wakeview terrace, eating platters of the most amazing cheeses and nuts and fruit that had been put out for dinner in the buffet.

We were still sitting still in the ocean waiting for the pickup, which happened at about 5.30pm.

We had dinner in the dining room, fabulous again and are having an early night.

Things are getting busy socially with lunch bookings with friends, another formal night tomorrow night, a Captains Circle party coming up, we want to try Harmony.......hopefully some NRL games, they have the AFL on the big screen tomorrow night so fingers crossed for Saturday.

Absolutely loving your reviews and updates. Have been reading each one as the excitement builds to our cruise on 15th September.

Regarding the premium deluxe aft balcony, can I ask what deck this was on. Ours will be deck 12 & was wondering if it will be uncovered & also have soot problems.

Even if it does we would not let this get in the way of our excitement (just curious).

Interesting about the smoking area outside kids club and whether it will be permanent. I know on Golden Princess last year smoking was outside the doors leading to kids club and lining up to drop/collect children it stunk!

Thanks again for your updates.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Hi Chez,

I think we may have met... we are friends of Glenda's

Thank you for your amazing blog, I love reading your views on the Majestic.

We board her next month for the NZ cruise.You are making me so jealous...we should have booked this cruise.

Please say hello to Marg n Graham for me

The aft facing Premium deluxe we looked at was M725, deck 15.

The couple are on for the next cruise and booked in the same cabin, they are lovely, and are a little dissappointed, especially having seen the cabins that are covered. The inside of their cabin is exactly like ours, with the sofa, just a larger, uncovered balcony that gets either full sun or rain.

I will have a look over the railing at the Wakeview terrace for you this morning and check out deck 12.

Mic, when Andy and i walked into ours we felt the actual cabin size felt smaller, we have been in a balcony on the Sapphire, i think these are narrower, seems to be not as much room between the foot of the bed and the wall. The bathrooms are better, larger better designed shower, even weights on the bottom of the curtain!!

The insides appeared the same and the same layout at Diamond/Sapphire/Emerald/Golden (they are the ones we have been on) wont mention Sun class as they are a class of their own haha

Trouble is there are so many categories it is confusing.....i just remember that deluxe means there is the sofa bed, the cabin is about 2 foot longer, premium is the location.

Down the back on Dolphin are standard balconies ( no sofas) but they have large, about triple the size balconies........same price as a regular balcony.

Jaydee, will do, i saw them yesterday for our cabin crawl and drinks afterwards.

The aft facing Premium deluxe we looked at was M725, deck 15.

The couple are on for the next cruise and booked in the same cabin, they are lovely, and are a little dissappointed, especially having seen the cabins that are covered. The inside of their cabin is exactly like ours, with the sofa, just a larger, uncovered balcony that gets either full sun or rain.

I will have a look over the railing at the Wakeview terrace for you this morning and check out deck 12.

Mic, when Andy and i walked into ours we felt the actual cabin size felt smaller, we have been in a balcony on the Sapphire, i think these are narrower, seems to be not as much room between the foot of the bed and the wall. The bathrooms are better, larger better designed shower, even weights on the bottom of the curtain!!

The insides appeared the same and the same layout at Diamond/Sapphire/Emerald/Golden (they are the ones we have been on) wont mention Sun class as they are a class of their own haha

Trouble is there are so many categories it is confusing.....i just remember that deluxe means there is the sofa bed, the cabin is about 2 foot longer, premium is the location.

Down the back on Dolphin are standard balconies ( no sofas) but they have large, about triple the size balconies........same price as a regular balcony.

Jaydee, will do, i saw them yesterday for our cabin crawl and drinks afterwards.

Thank you so much for the extra info!!!

Ok, just had a look over the railing at Wakeview terrace, you will be fine on* Aloha deck 12.

All Marina, deck 15 are open and completely visible from above, Riviera deck 14 were not quite as exposed, perhaps half covered half visible, but looked down on from those on Marina deck as we noticed yesterday.

*Aloha deck 12, i could only see the wooden railing from there, they look nearly completely sheltered from the ones above, or at least half half.....and you will have privay from thosr peering over.

So if you want an aft facing premium balcony cabin on this ship and want privacy, give Marina deck and perhaps Riviera a miss, stick with those under that.

I sat at a table and had breakfast near the railing and everyone comes and stands there and peers over.

Have a great cruise!!

Ok, just had a look over the railing at Wakeview terrace, you will be fine on* Aloha deck 12.

All Marina, deck 15 are open and completely visible from above, Riviera deck 14 were not quite as exposed, perhaps half covered half visible, but looked down on from those on Marina deck as we noticed yesterday.

*Aloha deck 12, i could only see the wooden railing from there, they look nearly completely sheltered from the ones above, or at least half half.....and you will have privay from thosr peering over.

So if you want an aft facing premium balcony cabin on this ship and want privacy, give Marina deck and perhaps Riviera a miss, stick with those under that.

I sat at a table and had breakfast near the railing and everyone comes and stands there and peers over.

Have a great cruise!!

Thank you so much. Really appreciate you checking for us. Will continue to follow your updates! Have a great day.

Thanks for the extra information on the cabins. I wish they would put in shower screens rather than curtain although the weights may make it better.

Hi,

I am just loving your review, its making me really keen for when we are on her in Feb to new zealand next year.

We have a disabled balcony room on deck 8, for three of us, just wondered on the general size of room and balcony, and also is there a sofa bed or are they a pullman?

Also thanks for the heads up regarding the crown grill, its my birthday when we are on board and we were thinking of going to the crown grill as a treat, now thinking to give it a miss, or tyr one of the other specialty restuarants.

thanks maree

Thank you for the reports. I have been keeping up with them with great interest. I am looking forward to going on the Majestic next year. Sounds like a great ship, of course you are always going to get the complainers I guess there are some with a genuine complaint but to most that is their pleasure and they are probably the same when they are land bound. Nothing will stop me & my family enjoying ourselves when we are cruising or the excitement leading up to a cruise. :D

Same here JohnGc. We enjoy every cruise and little niggles don't bother us at all. Just thankful to be able to cruise. Thanks for all the info Chez - it's only week until we board, so good to have some knowledge beforehand. :D