Asia: Quantum class / Oasis class

tx121

I was wondering why all the Quantum class ships except for the Anthem of the Seas goes to Asia? I think with all the Oasis class ships soon to be over saturated in Florida, wouldn’t they want to send one of those ships there and send another Quantum class to the US?

I was wondering why all the Quantum class ships except for the Anthem of the Seas goes to Asia? I think with all the Oasis class ships soon to be over saturated in Florida, wouldn’t they want to send one of those ships there and send another Quantum class to the US?
I've been thinking the same too... I've never try an oasis class in all my life..

7 times cruising on RCL and more to come...

Oasis class is more limited in ports they could visit than Quantum class.

Quantum class, I believe, is a ship that is designed for cold weather. Anthem is in NJ. Quantum, is in Shanghai, moving to Alaska. Spectrum, is going to be in Asia.

People will complain about the lack of outdoor space on these ships, if it is in Florida. I was on Quantum out of Shanghai, and it was cold. The only people out on deck were those that were smoking.

I think many of the ports in Asia, can support an Oasis class ship, but the market is tougher to fill the ships, and most Asians need to go through travel companies, and do not book direct. This adds other challenges to getting the ships filled.

So hopefully, Florida will get one, but I'm guessing it won't be that well liked. It's not a "fun in the sun" ship, but rather, "huddle inside" ship.

Even when Ovation is doing the Australia - NZ run in the southern summer, it has to handle cold weather.

Here is a photo from the my cruise in January (middle of summer). Note the life guard rugged up, plenty of deck chairs next to the pool available! No one in the water.

Cold%20Pool-L.jpg

On one day the high was 11C (52F) in the middle of summer.

So even though Ovation spends all its time in summer (northern Asia then southern Australia) Shanghai is so far north, and NZ is so far south that it has to handle cold days every now and then. It will be no different when it does Alaska / Australia / NZ.

Also, the Tasman Sea is a nasty, nasty piece of water. Not sure how an Oasis class would handle the rough weather.

The Indoor / Outdoor space difference between the two classes of ships is an important difference for the markets they sail in.

Even when Ovation is doing the Australia - NZ run in the southern summer, it has to handle cold weather.

Here is a photo from the my cruise in January (middle of summer). Note the life guard rugged up, plenty of deck chairs next to the pool available! No one in the water.

Cold%20Pool-L.jpg

On one day the high was 11C (52F) in the middle of summer.

So even though Ovation spends all its time in summer (northern Asia then southern Australia) Shanghai is so far north, and NZ is so far south that it has to handle cold days every now and then. It will be no different when it does Alaska / Australia / NZ.

Also, the Tasman Sea is a nasty, nasty piece of water. Not sure how an Oasis class would handle the rough weather.

The Indoor / Outdoor space difference between the two classes of ships is an important difference for the markets they sail in.

Good Picture, many wouldn't realize gets cold/cool down like Seattle/Alaska..