Is THIS normal

I was nervous when we first cruised and still am a little. But you get over it when you step on the ship!!

Misty

Group Cruise Info for the Serenade - Alaska - 08/07/05 - Come and Join the fun!!. http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=408097554&m=877100712

Roll Call for the Grandeur 12/18/04. Come join us in New Orleans for the Christmas Season!! http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=1683059817&m=389105961&r=699105961#699105961

Serenade of the Seas / Alaska / 08-07-05

Grandeur of the Seas / W. Caribbean / 12-18-04

Vision of the Seas / Mexico / 04-04-04

Radiance of the Seas /Alaska /07-05-03

I was so nervous before my first cruise I thought I going to throw up! I packed, unpacked and repacked so many times. I had a notebook with all sorts of to do, to buy, to pack memos and then all put on a timeline.

Derek, the moment you walk on that ship all the butterflies will go away and you will be hooked forever on cruising!

After 13 cruises I still get nervous, all the "what ifs" in my head. So, yes, it is normal. Just think of it as part of the fun!

Really hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Sally

NCL Sky 9/00

RCCL 3/01,5/01,5/02,6/02, 9/02,10/02,4/03,8/03,11/03,

4/04,8/04 9/04 NCL 4/05 b2b

Schooner Bar rules!

Thanks for his thread! I am sooo nervous about our upcoming cruise and my family can't understand because we travel a lot. This will be only our second cruise and the first time on a big ship. I just keep thinking that I'll forget something important, etc. So, you are not alone. I'm hoping that when we get on the ship I can finally relax because I'll drive my whole family nuts if I don't. Maybe I just need a couple of Pina Coladas!! LOL!!

Have Fun!!

That excitment NEVER goes away...it just gets recycled every time you book a new cruise! icon_biggrin.gif Have a fantastic time! And welcome to the wonderful world of cruising! icon_biggrin.gif

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Rhapsody! 12-5-04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DerekDun8:

First cruise is saturday, is it normal to be THIS nervous? Just hoping to not have flights canceled or delayed. And never have cruised.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think of it as of land vacation. Do you get nervous before land vacation?

Don't be nervous. Enjoy. It doesn't last long!

------------------------------

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Zuiderdam 8/21/04 FLL - Key West - Cozumel - Grand Caymans - Half Moon Cay - FLL

<LI>Splendour of the Seas 05/15/04 Barcelona - Marseilles - Villefranche - Livorno - Chivitavecchia - Naples - Barcelona

<LI>Century 07/12/03 Eastern Caribbean FFL-San Juan - St. Thomas - St.Maarten- Nassau -FFL

<LI>Komarno(Volga)07/91 Moscow - Astrahan' - Moscow (honeymoon)

<LI>Komarno(Volga)07/90 Moscow - Astrahan'- Moscow

<LI>Admiral Nachimov(or Nakhimov) (Black Sea)04/1986 Odessa - Batum

GO BRUINS!!!!

Yes, you are normal! After all the planning and anticipation, you're down to the wire and being nervous and excited is part of it! Enjoy!

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

Tatka,

It's not quite like a land vacation ...

If you're flights get delayed or canceled, your hotel won't leave town without you.

If your hotel loses your reservation, most likely you can go to another one just down the street.

If you got to where the hotel is by airplane, you remembered all the documentation you need to get into the hotel.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits" Mark Twain

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's formal night attire, poolside attire, child rearing practices, walk-talkie usage, chair hogging, seat saving, line cutting ..." Mark_K

Before going on my first cruise I thought for sure I would be wearing my life jacket 24/7 and be sleeping on an outside deck (inside cabin booked).....my fears were over as soon as I was on board !! Most times you forget you are on a boat/ship ...unless the waters rough!

EOS 1999 / Maasdam 2003 / Voyager of the Seas 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;11;27;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Perfectly normal!

My first cruise was less than a year ago and as you can see it became addictive quite quickly!! I remember being skeptical and unsure about quite a few things but once I walked on the ship, those feelings disappeared pretty quickly. By dinner the first night, you'll be ready for whatever comes your way. icon_smile.gif

Voyager of the Seas 10.26.03

Voyager of the Seas 01.11.04

Voyager of the Seas 06.13.04

Explorer of the Seas 10.31.04

Archived