Anyone ever have trouble getting a cruise credit applied?

broyles60

My husband and I booked and then subsequently cancelled an early saver cruise. I have rebooked another one and completed the on-line form to have my $400 deposit applied to my new booking per the instructions in my cancellation confirmation email.

The credit could take up to 72 hours to show up. I waited a week before calling Carnival to check the status and they had no record of the form. A nice rep. completed another on-line form for me and I still have no credit 3 days later.

Anyone else have problems getting a credit applied?

I had this concern previously when we had our cruise on courtesy hold. They did the form for me and told me it was pending but it wasn't showing online when I went to pay or check. Have you called and asked? They had the correct balance when I called but not on the website.

We had an issue seeing our credit. We called customer service numerous times and they kept confirming the credit was there, but we could not see it in the "Cruise Details" from My Cruise Manager but when we print Cruise Documents the credit showed.

My PVP had it applied immediately and sent me the email confirmation. Here is the payment part. I don't understand why it should be so difficult for others to get the same thing. Just ask for your invoice via email. The FCC is $300 in this case.d2fdd081aa5031c79591746ce7fb1aee.jpg

Edited by firemanbobswife

Thank you for all of the responses. Unfortunately I do not have a PVP so I am left to figure this out on my own.

The first time I submitted the request, it landed in the black hole because they have no receipt of it. The second request that the call-center representative helped me with is still pending and has not been applied. I called today after checking my reservation on-line.

According to the Carnival rep, the credit request has to go to a special department that only works during the weekdays but they are still over the 72 business hour window. Kind of contradictory to what a few of you have posted since a PVP seems to have the magic power to accomplish things right away.

My fear is that the future cruise credit can only be applied to the cruise fare, I have paid for the entire cruise except for the $400 credit I am expecting, and my final payment date is coming up in the next few weeks. I cannot just pay the balance because Carnival will not apply the credit to anything but the fare and if they don't do it in time, I don't want my reservation to cancel. I just hate having to babysit things.

Thank you for all of the responses. Unfortunately I do not have a PVP so I am left to figure this out on my own.

The first time I submitted the request, it landed in the black hole because they have no receipt of it. The second request that the call-center representative helped me with is still pending and has not been applied. I called today after checking my reservation on-line.

According to the Carnival rep, the credit request has to go to a special department that only works during the weekdays but they are still over the 72 business hour window. Kind of contradictory to what a few of you have posted since a PVP seems to have the magic power to accomplish things right away.

My fear is that the future cruise credit can only be applied to the cruise fare, I have paid for the entire cruise except for the $400 credit I am expecting, and my final payment date is coming up in the next few weeks. I cannot just pay the balance because Carnival will not apply the credit to anything but the fare and if they don't do it in time, I don't want my reservation to cancel. I just hate having to babysit things.

I do not use a pvp. My questions/issues have always been taken care of just by talking with any Carnival rep that answers my call. I would call back and speak to another rep.

I had this concern previously when we had our cruise on courtesy hold. They did the form for me and told me it was pending but it wasn't showing online when I went to pay or check. Have you called and asked? They had the correct balance when I called but not on the website.

This is what I experienced too. My online information on my new booking does not actually show the credit. Carnival just adjusted the price of the cruise downward in an amount equal to my credit. My PVP did the legwork on it for me though. I did not have to do anything other than ask my PVP for help getting the credit applied.

If you've ever cruised with Carnival, you should have a PVP even if they haven't told you who it is. If you've never cruised with Carnival, you can call their main PVP line and ask: 800 819 3902. If you have trouble getting where you need to be, try typing in x82399 when prompted.

Good luck, and happy sailing! Sorry to hear you're getting the run-around.

Edited by winddawn

Not sure it's been mentioned but you can't use your Early Saver credit from a cancelled cruise as a deposit.

You have to book a new cruise and pay full deposit.

Then you can apply credit towards the new cruise payment

If you've ever cruised with Carnival, you should have a PVP even if they haven't told you who it is. If you've never cruised with Carnival, you can call their main PVP line and ask: 800 819 3902. If you have trouble getting where you need to be, try typing in x82399 when prompted.

Good luck, and happy sailing! Sorry to hear you're getting the run-around.

How do you find out who your PCP is if you've sailed with Carnival years ago and had no idea you had one? (OP- sorry not trying to hijack your thread)

Whenever I call I ask them to wait on the line to see if the change is correct.

Call tomorrow at the beginning of their working hours. There should be notations about what was discussed about this cruise.

We didn't have any problems. We had cancelled our b2b cruises, then about a month later rebooked a cruise, paid the deposit and our PVP found our credit (never got a cancellation email) and both credits were applied to our booking. Doesn't show in payments but the cruise price was reduced by the amount of the credits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...

Yes, I know this is an old thread, but it's the most recent one I can find when searching. Just wondering what current experiences with this are like? I have submitted the form but haven't heard back yet. Has only been a week, but was thinking of calling on Monday. Final payment is due Oct 4 so wanted this credited first.....