Washcloths - AMAWaterways

sarcar97

Never had no wash cloths in Europe either. We don’t do five star hotels but we do check the reviews on TripAdvisor. If their guests expect wash cloths they will cater to their wants since they want the business.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most of the hotels in which I stayed in Europe did not supply washcoths. The Charing Cross hotel in London told me that would supply washcloths if I upgraded to a room that was £25 more per night.

I always take my own now but do not take white ones, They will be scooped up by housekeeping never to be seen again. I learned this the hard way.

Did a recent land tour in Ireland--no washcloths there either--seems to be widespread. Perhaps different if one stays in five-star hotels.

Prior to this trip my wife bought 5-packs of incredibly cheaply made face cloths from a dollar store. We used them and then threw them away.

I think if they were used a second time they would have fallen apart!!--but they did the trick.

There have always been washcloths in every European hotel that I’ve stayed in. I’ve never heard of this!

In fact in many places in the world there won't be wash cloths in hotels, at least the ones we've been in, and that includes Asia and South America. The closer you get to 5-star American hotel chains, the more likely you'll have them in your room.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on input we bought some cheap ($3 for 12) washcloths at Bed Bath & Beyond. Washed them here to make sure they wouldn't run on other thing. Cheap - but will do what we need while in Europe. Thanks everybody. We're getting close and we were just sent a note that we've been upgraded to a Twin Balcony on AMASerena - Dec. 11. We'll be spending extra days before the cruise in Prague, an extra day in Budapest and four days in London before returning home to Dallas.