"Park Right" parking garage in Manhattan

popka123

• 4 weeks later...

After not getting any reviews, I did park at the Park right garage and had no problems. You drive in there, the attendent gets in the car with you and you drive to the terminal, than he takes your vehicle and drives back to the garage. When you arrive, you can just walk there to get your car (takes 5 min). We paid $175 for a 7 day cruise parking.

Edited by popka123

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
After not getting any reviews, I did park at the Park right garage and had no problems. You drive in there, the attendent gets in the car with you and you drive to the terminal, than he takes your vehicle and drives back to the garage. When you arrive, you can just walk there to get your car (takes 5 min). We paid $175 for a 7 day cruise parking.

Thank you so much for this info and "review". I've booked Park Right for our cruise in a couple of weeks, but have been worried about the logistics. Knowing that we can simply walk back to the lot after disembarkation is the clincher. (Was concerned about having to hail a taxi for a relatively short ride when cabs would be waiting for better fares at the terminal)

THANKS AGAIN I feel great about this now!

• 2 months later...

They did over $3000 in damage to my car while we were on a cruise...all caught on their video surveillance system. At first they offered to have their "local mechanic" fix my car, but when I gave them three estimates from dealerships, they decided to stop taking my calls. Then my insurance company sent two investigators to the garage, and they gave them a false name and address of their insurance company. Please park elsewhere.

Depending on the ages of people in your group, it might be safer/cheaper to park at a train station in NJ and take the commuter train into Penn Station.

Union and Hamilton Stations both have overnight parking for $6-7 per day, and one way train tickets are $15 at most.

Also, no NYC traffic driving.

Just a thought :)

• 2 years later...

My family just returned from a Thanksgiving cruise on the NCL Breakaway and we had a good experience using this service called Valet Anywhere.

They met us at the cruise terminal we when arrived and brought back my car when we returned. We had scheduled everything ahead of time so the whole process was quick and painless.

We live in NJ and had considered taking the train into NYC (Greeneyedbernie's post above) but for a family of six (wife, kids, & grandparents) it didn't make sense economically and wasn't worth the hassle.

$7 x 7 days parking plus $30 x 6 people for roundtrip train tickets ended up to be $229 to just to get Penn Station, we would have to take a taxi (2 cars for the six of us) to get to the cruise terminal from Penn Station, not to mention having to do the reverse when we returned.

After scouring various travel boards (this one included) I found Valet Anywhere and Park Right. Valet Anywhere's rate was $20 a day for 7 days vs $28 a day for Park Right. We chose Valet Anywhere over Park Right because of the convenience of meeting at the cruise terminal.

Long story short, we ended up paying $140 for 7 days parking with Valet Anywhere and we didn't have to leave the cruise terminal. It was a great way to end a family vacation.

• 2 weeks later...
My family just returned from a Thanksgiving cruise on the NCL Breakaway and we had a good experience using this service called Valet Anywhere.

They met us at the cruise terminal we when arrived and brought back my car when we returned. We had scheduled everything ahead of time so the whole process was quick and painless.

We live in NJ and had considered taking the train into NYC (Greeneyedbernie's post above) but for a family of six (wife, kids, & grandparents) it didn't make sense economically and wasn't worth the hassle.

$7 x 7 days parking plus $30 x 6 people for roundtrip train tickets ended up to be $229 to just to get Penn Station, we would have to take a taxi (2 cars for the six of us) to get to the cruise terminal from Penn Station, not to mention having to do the reverse when we returned.

After scouring various travel boards (this one included) I found Valet Anywhere and Park Right. Valet Anywhere's rate was $20 a day for 7 days vs $28 a day for Park Right. We chose Valet Anywhere over Park Right because of the convenience of meeting at the cruise terminal.

Long story short, we ended up paying $140 for 7 days parking with Valet Anywhere and we didn't have to leave the cruise terminal. It was a great way to end a family vacation.

Thinking about using this service for our upcoming 10-night cruise on the GEM. They are offering a great holiday special of $149 for 10 days. How long did it take for them to arrive at pier when you returned from your cruise?

I had made the reservation in advance so I chose 10am. I received an SMS on my phone about an hour before the reservation time confirming that a driver was on their way with the driver's phone number. I called the driver and coordinated with him directly while we were waiting in line during the disembarkation. So the valet driver was there with my car by the time we got out.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife just booked this service for our 10 day Feb 1st cruise on the Gem, I was glad to see a great review, thank you.

• 11 months later...
Are they out of business?

Kindly be a little more specific with your question and parking needs or do a little CC search here for due diligence. "They" as in :confused:

Park Right or Alliance Parking or ??

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2373862&highlight=Valet+Anywhere

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2304249&highlight=Valet+Anywhere

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2363559&highlight=Manhattan+Pier+parking

This is an older thread - and FYI - expect to pay daily surcharges for parking a minivan, suv/awd, pickup truck, oversize, overlength and overheight vehicle, etc. - $5, $10 or $15 per 24 hour EXTRA unless waived.

Edited by mking8288

Did anybody park at the "Park Right" location in Manhattan for a duration of the cruise? I am looking for reviews. Thanks!

We had used them and were very happy for the price. We dropped our luggage off at the terminal first and then parked at their location, and then walked back to the ship. The walk only took about 6 or 7 minutes tops, very easy. On the way back we just dragged our luggage with us, again very easy walk. I would use them again for the savings.

We had used them and were very happy for the price. We dropped our luggage off at the terminal first and then parked at their location, and then walked back to the ship. The walk only took about 6 or 7 minutes tops, very easy. On the way back we just dragged our luggage with us, again very easy walk. I would use them again for the savings.

That's what I have done twice and plan on doing it again in June. I do the self walk off on NCL and try to get there before a line starts or there may be a bit of a wait to get your car.

• 2 weeks later...
Are they out of business?

If by "they" you mean Valet Anywhere -- yes, they seem to be out of business. From the Yelp reviews it looks like their whole business fell apart sometime in the summer of 2016.

I'm sad; we used them last year for our cruise and had a good experience.

If by "they" you mean Valet Anywhere -- yes, they seem to be out of business. From the Yelp reviews it looks like their whole business fell apart sometime in the summer of 2016.

I'm sad; we used them last year for our cruise and had a good experience.

Where exactly did they drive your car? Do you know?