Man overboard from Golden Princess

I find it so strange that there's been no follow up story and zero coverage, wouldn't the police be looking at the CCTV recordings from the 1st to the 3rd? I filmed ourselves leaving Lautoka on this trip and hear myself saying, wouldn't it be funny if we saw a passenger running along with a princess bag? Not so much funny now. On the night of the discovery, the call for the person to show themselves was quite serious. Buy the time the captain got on the p.a system it was like he wasn't sure what to do, but the second announcement was more informative, the way the captain said "He didn't want to be disturbed" Sounded more than just the don't disturb sign. I'll guess we'll never know, have a look at the link below, more common than I thought it would be.

http://www.cruisejunkie.com/Overboard.html

I find it so strange that there's been no follow up story and zero coverage, wouldn't the police be looking at the CCTV recordings from the 1st to the 3rd? I filmed ourselves leaving Lautoka on this trip and hear myself saying, wouldn't it be funny if we saw a passenger running along with a princess bag? Not so much funny now. On the night of the discovery, the call for the person to show themselves was quite serious. Buy the time the captain got on the p.a system it was like he wasn't sure what to do, but the second announcement was more informative, the way the captain said "He didn't want to be disturbed" Sounded more than just the don't disturb sign. I'll guess we'll never know, have a look at the link below, more common than I thought it would be.

Just because there's been no reports doesn't mean there's been no follow up or viewing of CCTV.

If they find anything there might be some more reports in the press, but just "police look at CCTV" won't garner much interest.

The media generally will not publish news reports about suicide. It is a taboo subject and I think there are laws preventing the media from publishing certain parts of a story about suicide.

Just because there's been no reports doesn't mean there's been no follow up or viewing of CCTV.

If they find anything there might be some more reports in the press, but just "police look at CCTV" won't garner much interest.

I can assure you that a simple comment like that will "garner" plenty of news here in Australia.

The media generally will not publish news reports about suicide. It is a taboo subject and I think there are laws preventing the media from publishing certain parts of a story about suicide.

Oh yeah, and that's what it seemed like tbh, ah well

I'd love to know what law that is??

I dont think there are any law as such, but there are guidelines designed to respect families and to prevent copycat events.

http://www.presscouncil.org.au/document-search/standard-suicide-reporting/

Sure lots of guidelines and sensibilities, but "law" doubt it.

I find it almost sickening that the news will report on a death and say there are no suspicious circumstances but then "If you, or anyone you know is struggling with depression, call lifeline on 131114". For some reason won't say it was suicide but tacking that on the end of the report screams loud and clear that it was in fact Suicide.

• 2 weeks later...

The investigation is still going including viewing CCTV

Via experts a lot of information has now been gathered

Soon to be with coroner.

Hope the family will get some answers