Adventure Ocean Late Night (After 10 pm)

Jaimeglaser

Hey there!

On Harmony for a 7 night cruise in about 3 weeks... we haven't cruised since before our son was born.

DH and I would like to check out a couple of the activities that may run past 10 pm. I feel like we'd probably only go past 10 pm once or twice during the 7 nights, and plan for it to not be on a day where we have a busy or early schedule the next day. DS's normal bedtime is 8:30, even on weekends... we keep him to a schedule 95% of the time. He's 8 years old, btw.

1. Is it still $7 per hour past 10 pm?

2. Does Adventure Ocean staff encourage your kiddo to snooze, or are the kids kept up and entertained? If they can sleep... would staff have them change into PJs if we bring them, and are there quiet places for them to rest?

3. Is this service widely utilized late at night? Like, do lots of parents leave their kids there past 10?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!

I went on Oasis in August and utilized the after hours with my 8 year old twin sons a couple of nights. It was $7 hour. My kids loved it and begged to stay, most nights. There definitely was no sleeping involved in fact it was pretty noisy. They mixed the two older age groups together and had planned activities such as some type of ball game and bingo. There were a lot of kids on my sailing but every given night there was about 25-30 kids after hours.

My 4 year old stayed past 10 4 out of 5 nights. He was usually the last one left (oops) and was usually ready for a walk after we got him (usually by 11, once by 11:30). He loved having access to the toys after everyone else left. I figured it’s vacation and we will get back on track now that we’re home.

On the bright side, we all slept in a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

By that age my kids begged to stay at at late night and even used their own money sometimes! No sleeping involved at all!

They are in bed around 9/9:30 at home but never on the ship. Last cruise they were 10 and 6. My 10 year old would get my 6 year old signed out and they would go for pizza at midnight before coming back to the room even. Occasionally they napped in the afternoon or slept in later than they would at home...but not always.

25-35 kids sounds about right for that age group on our sailings...15-20 for the 3-5 age group I would say..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your 10 year old signed out your 6 year old and went for pizza at midnight ?

Yup! He had sign out privileges and anyone with sign-out privileges is old enough to sign a sibling out if we put them on the list. Having the ability to use them were his favorite things - he liked showing that he could be responsible and it could be tailored at each drop off. Also - We were on liberty and the staff said we could call the club to have them dismissed or set a time at drop off for them to leave (since it was paid).

So when it was time - they would leave deck 12, head down to deck 6 to stop for pizza and then come on back to our rooms on deck 7.

It worked for us on this cruise and my kids really did a good job with the responsibility. We don’t have a lot of chances for them to ‘practice’ that here at home and this afforded everyone some practice in a scenario that is part of our routine at home so there was no expectation of new found freedom immediately upon return from that cruise.

On the bright side, we all slept in a bit

If only my boy would sleep late when he stays up late, lol! He can go to bed at midnight and still wake up at 6, bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready for breakfast [emoji15].

Was hoping some folks would report an area for the kiddos to nap, but it looks like I’ll have to put those “premium coffees” to use a couple of days that week [emoji23]

Thanks for all the great info!

And the parent to the 10 year old that takes the younger one out for pizza... I’d love to be a fly on the wall for their midnight conversations over pizza!! I bet they think they’re big stuff grabbing a slice before heading back after a wild night of Adventure Ocean [emoji23]. Adorbs!

If only my boy would sleep late when he stays up late, lol! He can go to bed at midnight and still wake up at 6, bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready for breakfast [emoji15].

Was hoping some folks would report an area for the kiddos to nap, but it looks like I’ll have to put those “premium coffees” to use a couple of days that week [emoji23]

Thanks for all the great info!

And the parent to the 10 year old that takes the younger one out for pizza... I’d love to be a fly on the wall for their midnight conversations over pizza!! I bet they think they’re big stuff grabbing a slice before heading back after a wild night of Adventure Ocean [emoji23]. Adorbs!

First - yes! My kids totally thought they were SOO cool being able to go out ‘alone’ (but together!) to get pizza late at night! It’s one of the things they still tell others when they talk about their cruise.

And Second - I am RIGHT there with you with the boy who never sleeps! My son just started middle school and one of his favorite things is that he can get up at 6am now instead of having to lay in bed until 7am! My tip here is to pick up some single serve cereals from the windjammer to keep in your room - a little dry cereal and an iPad go a long way in our room to enjoying an extra hour! My son is totally willing to nap though - so he would make up the lost sleep during the day...I tell my kids they have to follow the 10-1-1 rule that the doctors office says - so they get 10 hours of sleep somehow during the day...maybe 9, but never much less...they are unbearable without sleep for too long!