Celebrity QUAD ripoff, families beware!

neptuno

Celebrity is selling their trundle sofa bed as a double berth for two persons when it actually will only accommodate one proper mattress. Although at least one independent website indicates that cabins without an upper berth are only suitable for up to three persons, Celebrity insists that their trundle sofa bed is approved by the US Coast Guard as a double berth. BEWARE! The sofa does not have two mattresses, and the sofa cushion does not accommodate a fitted sheet, and is difficult to access when the trundle is pulled out. The cushion can be worn and flattened in the middle, sloping outward and very uncomfortable even for a child. Our son said it was more uncomfortable than sleeping on a camp pad on uneven ground. The S-class cabins with a square should only be booked for three persons maximum, and those requiring a proper fourth berth should look for cabin with both a square and the triangle which indicates an upper berth.

I can't agree with you more. Celebrity should provide a regular pullout couch rather than the stupid trundle.

I had not known this when we booked our Eclipse cruise leaving in ten days. Never had a problem on the M class ships with our son so I just assumed the S Class would be the same. We've sailed on the S Class before but without our son so we had no idea.

I happened to be reading a review when I saw a picture of the trundle and almost died. We ended up upgrading to a suite for a ridiculous price because of that. We just have one child so we would have needed two adjoining verandas, concierge or aqua. When pricing two cabins out, we made the decision that a suite was just a little more and the benefits attached to the suite outweighed two cabins.

They really should disclose this on their website. I think this concept should not accommodate a third or fourth person.

Not sure if you are still onboard, but try to request a new mattress. The worst they can do is say no.

They brought us a second trundle mattress to go over the unlevel sofa cushion, but left it there during the day with the sheets so we could not sit on the sofa even after pushing in the trundle; there was no place to store the second mattress. Curious as to whether others have experienced this, seems like they overbooked for parties of four thus putting us in a cabin designed for three.

Yes, I posted about this years ago when I experience the same issue with the sofa bed.

It made us change our booking plans as there was no way we were going to take it again. Even worse, some categories have no alternative with this the only option.

One of many negatives about the Solstice cabin design.

Yes, I posted about this years ago when I experience the same issue with the sofa bed.It made us change our booking plans as there was no way we were going to take it again. Even worse, some categories have no alternative with this the only option.One of many negatives about the Solstice cabin design.

Thanks, wish I had seen your post. Celebrity insists on booking four to a three berth room. Is this "Modern Luxury"?