Sprint Service in San Juan

bala1130

Can anyone comment about the current status of cell phone service in San Juan? Specially Sprint, but I'm sure others are interested in the other companies. Have cell towers been restored and working near the port? I guess I would also be interested in the service for other islands in the Caribbean that were also hit by the hurricanes.. St Thomas, St Martaan, etc.

It is very good. We were in San Juan as well as other parts of Puerto Rico last week, and we had much better Sprint service than my BIL did with AT&T. No holes noted anywhere.

Which is kind of a surprise, as when we first got cell phones, AT&T always had the best service on the island. But it has changed to our favor.

Can anyone comment about the current status of cell phone service in San Juan? Specially Sprint, but I'm sure others are interested in the other companies. Have cell towers been restored and working near the port? I guess I would also be interested in the service for other islands in the Caribbean that were also hit by the hurricanes.. St Thomas, St Martaan, etc.

For us Sprint service was great last week in San Juan and St Marten. Problematic in St Thomas....could not use my phone.

• 2 months later...

Just don't go to Alaska. My son had Sprint and they have no coverage at all at any of the ports. He called on our Verizon phones and they said he needed to buy the international plan. He had to tell them Alaska was a state.