Price protection form

Cafedumonde

I think the TA has to do it but I am not certain about that. The TA is the only one that can do anything on your behalf

so if you are asking if a TA can get you the discount.. the answer is definitely yes

if you are asking if you can do it yourself... I dont think so. many people have complained that their TA wont do it or charged them and that leads me to believe you must go through your TA

FYI all...

Okay so I submitted it right after posting this and Carnival has already responded which is very prompt! But... they told me I have to go through the TA. Back on hold... ugh.

yup... thats what the consensus mentioned in this thread

I emailed my travel agent with a request to submit the form earlier this week. TA just called Carnival the next morning instead and they gave me the price change as OBC over the phone, no form needed, but it had to be the TA that called. She said it was easy peasy. This is the first time one of our cruises has ever gone down in price, so we are happy campers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

FYI all...

Okay so I submitted it right after posting this and Carnival has already responded which is very prompt! But... they told me I have to go through the TA. Back on hold... ugh.

take a screenshot because if the price changes again you will be totally out of luck.

It's much easier for those of us who book directly and don't involve a middle man.

Yes, I agree. This is our first time using an independent agent, and although she has been fabulous to work with, and I enjoy our interactions, I miss having control of my booking and the freedom to do what I want when I want immediately.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, I agree with all of you that it would have been so much easier if I had been able to submit the form myself. Sometimes I do wish we had not gone with a TA! In the end I had to call back this morning, at which point we at least got right through, but only to be told that the exact room category had sold out. That was not the case yesterday, and even though I had the screen shot, they said, unfortunately since there were no rooms available in that category at that moment-- out of luck. It would have been $123, so obviously not the end of the world... but frustrating. Thanks for all the feedback.

I was super disappointed because I used a TA to book our cruise. Two days after we booked and paid, I noticed that the price decreased. I filled out the price protection form and I was told by Carnival that our TA had put a price hold on our cruise 24 hours to us booking it and the price protection started then. The 48 hours did not start from when we actually booked and paid for our cruise. It was too late by the time I submitted the form.