Connecting stateroom noise

skidroe

We have a QB vista suite reserved on the Maasdam, the deck plan shows that it is a "connecting cabin".

Will we have noise coming from the other cabin, or is the door soundproof?

I suspect the door itself is soundproof, but the gap between the bottom of the door

and the threshold? Like you sometimes get from the alleyway and under your

stateroom's front door?

Can you switch cabins? I personally dislike connecting cabins and the ones which have overhead bunks to accommodate 4 people because of the reduced cabin space. Also cabins near the funnel due to vibration.

We have a QB vista suite reserved on the Maasdam, the deck plan shows that it is a "connecting cabin".

Will we have noise coming from the other cabin, or is the door soundproof?

There isn't a lot of noise from the door, but there are times you can hear things.

On one occasion the person connecting to us was not well and the nurse was coming to give them meds. Something required being mixed in water and we could hear the clink of the spoon in the glass every time. Weird.

I tend to avoid connecting cabins if I can. You usually lose a closet due to the door.

We have had connecting cabins on various ships and have heard just as much noise from a cabin next door that was NOT connected.

In both situations we have at times - though rarely - heard voices and TVs.

We had a connecting cabin on our last cruise, and the couple was very loud. We called guest services and the maintence person came and put some "soundproofing" between the two doors, along with duct tape around the frame. It did help a lot.

We had a connecting cabin on our last cruise, and the couple was very loud. We called guest services and the maintence person came and put some "soundproofing" between the two doors, along with duct tape around the frame. It did help a lot.

Sounds like it's a frequent-enough issue that they're prepared for it.

I had a connecting cabin on the Rotterdam, which has a similar layout as the Maasdam. I heard nothing from the next cabin, and my bed was the one next to the door. There are two doors---one opening from each cabin. It's pretty soundproof.

My cabin didn't lose any closet, or floor, space to the connecting door. Had we wanted to use the connecting feature we would have lost some floor storage space at the foot of the bed.

We've had a few connecting cabins and the only time the sound from the other cabin was annoying to us was when there was a high-pitched young boy who was always loud and allowed to stay up quite late at night.